What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone confused as to the time frame of this film, because how far along was Padme when Anakin returns home from the Palpatine rescue? And was she only 7 months along when she delivered the twins? Or did they remain in hiding until she carried the twins to a 9-month term?

Alas, poor Padme, she died of a broken heart.

George See

Second Unit

I would imagine most of the problems were stemmed from the general craziness of a Midnight star wars screening, I can only imagine that's the most stressful it gets for theater employees. Starting 10+ screens at almost the same time, while dealing with huge restless crowds, with most likely a short staff since it's the middle of the night and a lot of the younger employees prolly couldn't work late due to school in the morning. I can just imagine that everything will most likely not run smoothly in that situation.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This could have been a real nasty R-rated film if Lucas ever wanted to go really dark. Let's be glad lightsabre wounds get cauterized, else, it'd be really bloody.

Yoda force-slapping the imperial guards against the wall at Palpatine's got a huge laugh from the audience.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I would like to add I liked Ewan's performance, to me he seemed to be the only one trying to have fun.

I'm glad everyone took my comments with a grain of salt, I didn't mean to insult you guys - but I was really disappointed with the film.

And honestly, why does Tatooen only cast one shadow!?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Why wouldn't Anakin walk awkwardly after having robotic legs attached to him?"

I really liked the way he took his first steps.Kind of lurching foward.

I didnt like the "argh!" I would have liked more damage, where even Palpatine had to shield himself from Vaders power.

Loved Palpys smile when Vader began destroying things in the room

Also forgo to mention I liked the ANH sets used on Smits ship. The very same we see Vader walk down that open ANH. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just came back from a digital showing. I thought the audience (packed, for an 11:30am show) was going to riot, since during the previews, we had audio but no video. It was finally fixed in time for the last three previews.

I really enjoyed the movie. Many great moments, many I was unaware of, even after going out of spoiler mode back in April with the publication of the book. The last 40 minutes were tremendously intense, and Lucas' comments that it would make you see the OT in a new light were true.

I have to see it a few more times before I can judge fairly, but right now I'd say it is easily the best since Empire.

I really liked how the events of the last 40 minutes tied into Episode IV. The relationship with Bail Organa, Yoda and Obi-Wan explains Obi-Wan's reaction to Leia's message nicely.

Some beautiful effects work, especially of the different planets during the Jedi Purge. Would love to see quality stills of these, and Alderaan.

Ewan was great; he gets better every time. Hayden was very good. He had a confidence and a strength to him this time that he lacked last time. Natalie was better than I expected, and she did well with the smaller role she had.

I thought it was great. A few silly moments, and I could pick some minor nits, but I am already looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow with anticipation.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

The latter were all created by Sidious. He is the first one to come along in a long time, though. Unless he is a lot older than we know. The question I have is, did his deflected force lightning really screw him up, or was his false appearance finally removed?

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Saw the midnight showing in Tacoma - no surround activity at all, and the screen seemed a bit dark.

Other than those techincal issues, and the fact I was surround by @$$holes, I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I do know I'll need to see it again before passing final judgement.

Like everyone above, I have my minor nitpicks, but I still enjoyed it.

Curious to see what the extra scene was from the digital projection though . . .

Mark Ram

Agent
I just saw the movie this morning and loved it. The story and it's execution seemed much better better than Ep 1 & 2. I'm pretty happy with all that they did to make it "fit" with the OT. The special effects were mind blowing and the drama had me on the edge of my seat. Unfortunately, this is how Ep 1 &2 should have made me feel all along. It just makes me a bit sad that this is the last movie when it seems they finally got it right.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Haven't read every post in this thread but one
of the coolest touches I noticed in this film was....

The actor representing the role of the late
Peter Cushing. I think his name was Grand Moff
Tarkin? The resemblence was dead-on and many
people chuckled "aha" at that moment.

Been thinking about this film all day and my opinion
of it grows worse every hour. It's so much more of
the same things that made the first two prequels so
bad. Forget the first 2 hours -- just give me the
last 30 minutes of Sith and I'll be a happy
viewer.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Sideous was Plaguis' apprentice and used the dark side of the force to maintain his younger appearance. So he is probably alot older than he looks(even as the wrinkly old man after the battle)

After further thought, my complaint is not with Anakin's turn to the dark side. That was well set up from previous events. It was more with his immediate allegiance to Sideous without remorse seeing as how he "knew" he was duped. "What have I done?"

I know if you just tricked me into helping kill the "good guy" you better prepare to defend yourself....

Anakin might have been desperate to help Padme, but the emotion of Christensen at this scene didnt portray that to the extent that he would abandon his teachings.

Perhaps I missed some subtle nuances that I will catch at a later viewing and this will all be moot.

FredK

Second Unit
Ron:

If I understand things correctly, that was an actor with major facial prosthetics to get the young Tarkin look, it was dead on, and I was happy it was put in (more than I thought I would be).

Otherwise, I liked those 1st 2 hours!

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan

I still maintain that the best scene in the film is the one at the opera between Anakin and Palpatine. The story, the dialogue, and the acting were spot on. Everyone in the theater was literally leaning in closer and closer with curiosity after every line.

By the way, anyone else get MAJOR goosebumps after the first Vader breath? :D

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I really don't understand the notion that Anakin's turn happened too quickly. I thought there was a steady build to it, where eventually made his decision at the last second and was stuck in it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But you don't think the "Dark Side" had any influence on his decision? I'm sure he may have been considering it, yet the "Dark Side" was what pushed him over the edge.

Once he did it, he was able to think about what he just did. The fact that he says "What have I done" is a good indication that he did not act the way he wanted to (i.e. something else made him do it)...or at least gave him the extra push over the edge.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite dramatic moments was during the big duel between Anakin and Obi Wan, where Obi Wan is telling him "I have failed you Anakin, and I am sorry" before they resume the battle.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I'm surprised at how emotional this movie made me. I didn't think the previous 2 were that good, but this one shot right up to #2 in the saga for me (Behind ESB). I mean, I was literally blindsided with this movie, I can't stop thinking about it.
:emoji_thumbsup:

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Mark: I think as it plays in the script, it might work for me. As played by Hayden it just doesn't feel right. Like I said, I will see it again and maybe I missed something.

Was anyone else annoyed with the ease that the three Jedi with Mace were dispatched??? It was like, "hey, let me run you thru real fast, oh, and now you, and you too."

I mean, all it would have taken was a fast combo to do each(3 seconds tops of parry, parry, thrust), but all we get is a throw away slash or thrust and a yell for each death. (Not that I am askign for more gore, just something closer to Darth Maul setting Qui-Gon up for his handle-butt and run-through)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks