What's new

Star Trek: You know: Wrath of Kahn: You Know :) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Trying to pop in the extras disc to watch what's left of them, and a question. When did studios make it impossible for you to skip past their long, silent, animated logos, and legal disclaimers?
It's highly annoying when it takes 2 minutes, each time you pop in the disc, just to get to the main feature. I understand WHY it's there, I just don't understand why we have to be forced to sit through it. They should just find some way to make it unskipable once, so everyone has to sit through it the first time the DVD is popped in. The rest, bypassable..
Back to the extras, does this Cox guy in the "Star Trek Universe" bit say, "You know?" 5 times per sentance through out the interview ?:)

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
Many studios make it impossible to skip past the warnings or menus. As I popped in LOTR disc one today, I wanted to skip past the animated menu, but couldn't. It was neat the first time, but now it's just annoying.

Dreamworks seems to be good about letting you skip through warnings and menus.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I like it better when the disclaimers are at the end of the movie just before returning to the main menu. Plus, for those of us who try to duplicate the entire cinema experience, it makes it a little more challenging. Often hitting stop and then play starts the movie right away.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The worst was having to sit through the FBI warning before the 2nd half of Lawrence Of Arabia.
Jeff

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Of all of the supplements on disc 2, his was the most BORING!!!

I REALLY enjoyed all of the "making of" chapters on disc 2. At the conclusion of each chapter, I was disappointed by how short they were. Then I hit "A Novel Approach" and finally understood whey ST:II was a 2 disc set. This thing goes ON and ON ad nauseam! (imho)

C

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator
If I hit the chapter skip button on my remote, I can always skip over the disclaimers. Well, at least with every movie I have tried so far.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Back to the extras, does this Cox guy in the "Star Trek Universe" bit say, "You know?" 5 times per sentance
through out the interview ?
You know, I wonder if, you know, his book about Khan, you know, is full of you knows, you know? :D

DanHaya

Second Unit
You know, I understand why he was interviewed for this disc but, you know, he's kind of a spazz! And, you know, that woman isn't much better! Couldn't they have, like, interviewed some people how are, you know, normal? I mean, these people really belong in that "Trekkies" movie! Hey, maybe they're gonna interview that kid from "Trekkies" for the Nemesis DVD...after all, he was like, writing a movie called Nemesis Station!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Capriati

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks