What's new

Star Trek 10 review (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Theres a very negative and often hilarious review of the new Trek movie script at DarkHorizons for anyone interested.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Link?
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Ohgoodgodwhataretheythinking????????
eek.gif

I'm no STAR TREK fanatic, but this is just a terrible story. Period. One can only hope the script reviewed is a fake, something cooked up by a 10-year-old Trekkie and distributed to fool everyone into thinking it's the real deal. Ugh...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I've heard of reading between the lines, but it looks like they added an entire paragraph between every line of the script. Sounds to me like a major misinterpretation to me.
Glenn

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read that this morning and I had to agree with a lot of the guys points. Berman has brough the franchise down.
Giving Actors story credit usually means a bad movie too. Look at Insurrection and Stewarts credit. They wanted to write this dark meancing movie, he wanted a lite romantic film.
Look what happend.
The article is right, they need to stop rehashing old ideas and make some new ones.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how two different people can read the same thing and get different interpretations.. Tino posted a review earlier, and I read through it.. and through a connection, I managed to get hold of the thing myself.
I come away from it far different opinion then Dark Horizon, and much closer to Tino's, that this is probably the best trek movie script I've read.
I think the guy at Dark Horizon is putting a horrible spin on virtually anything because he seems to have a major axe to grind against Berman.. hey, I'm not a Berman fan either, but SURPRISE! AFAIK, Berman didn't pen this script.
The script has some excellent points, and yes, there are elements that are similar to the past, but they are handled in very different ways. And, to some extent, you could say that every love story movie ever told in Hollywood has a great deal "in common" it's all a matter of the details.
Find Tino's thread, where he offers his review, and I think you'll see a slightly less biased look at it. There are also plenty of other very positive reviews of it out there as well.
The concept manages to accomplish something that has been lacking in the last few trek movies: major change for characters. And it does a better job at handling a fluid plot then any of the recent movies. And to compare it to Generations, etc. is basically reading it with your "I'm going to hate this" lenses on.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thanks Chris. I'm glad that you agree with my assessment rather than that of the one at DH.
I resurrected my thread so that anyone can read it and make up their own mind as to who they agree with.
I think most Star Trek fans will agree with Chris and I that this one promises to be the best one yet.
Read some of the comments by our own HTF Star Trek fans in my thread. They all seemed to agree that it is very good, and one of the BEST Trek stories yet. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

THat "reviewer" certainly has an axe to grind... I can't take his opinions seriously.
------------------
I am funkier than you

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I agree with many of the reviewers points. When I first read Tino's synopsis, I thought it seemed promissing. Then I started thinking about it, and I started having problems with the movie. Then I read it again and wasn't as optimistic about it at all, infact I was disappointed.
I don't know why Paramount can't pull off a completely original, epic, sci-fi adventure. They need to stop thinking about the series and find a writer who can come up with a great sci-fi story, period. One that would work even if it wasn't a Star Trek movie.
Heck, I can write a better ST movie than this and I bet many others on this forum can too.
Jeff
[Edited last by Jeff on August 18, 2001 at 06:54 AM]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
If the film itself is as good as the information Tino provided in his thread, Nemesis has the potential to be as good as Wrath of Kahn. Let us hope.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks