What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Where The Crawdad's Sing (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
“HEART STOPPING”
- Sean O’Connell, CINEMABLEND
“THE ENDING IS A GENUINE JAW-DROPPER”
- Owen Gleiberman, VARIETY
bf3e6a89-1772-5d9f-cdb6-1b4ae37021ec.png
943eea36-d434-16af-ce28-4e027ccbcc0d.jpg
AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL SEPTEMBER 6
ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD SEPTEMBER 13
WITH OVER 17 MINUTES OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN DELETED AND
EXTENDED SCENES

WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING - Special Features Preview​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JueduOh92Do
SYNOPSIS
From the best-selling novel comes a captivating mystery. Where the Crawdads Sing tells the story of Kya, an abandoned girl who raised herself to adulthood in the dangerous marshlands of North Carolina. For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” haunted Barkley Cove, isolating the sharp and resilient Kya from her community. Drawn to two young men from town, Kya opens herself to a new and startling world; but when one of them is found dead, she is immediately cast by the community as the main suspect. As the case unfolds, the verdict as to what actually happened becomes increasingly unclear, threatening to reveal the many secrets that lie within the marsh.

BONUS MATERIALS
  • Adapting a Phenomenon: Explore the journey of bringing the best-selling novel to life as told by the cast and filmmakers of Where The Crawdads Sing.
  • Creating the World: When a book is as beloved as Where The Crawdads Sing, the details of the world are everything. Hear firsthand from the designers and artists that translated those images to the screen.
  • Women in Focus: From its captivating central character, Kya, crafted by author Delia Owens to the incredible team of women at the helm of the film adaptation, this piece is a testament to the strength, determination and resilience of women both onscreen and behind the scenes.
  • 14 Deleted & Extended Scenes: See more of the marsh, mystery and magic in this collection of deleted and extended scenes.
  • Lyric Video: “Carolina” by Taylor Swift
CAST AND CREW
Directed By:
Olivia Newman
Screenplay By: Lucy Alibar
Produced by: Reese Witherspoon, Lauren Neustadter
Executive Producers: Rhonda Fehr, Betsy Danbur
Cast: Daisy Edgar-Jones, Taylor John-Smith, Harris Dickinson, Michael Hyatt, Sterling Macer Jr. and David Strathairn

CAST AND CREW
Run Time:
125 minutes
Rating: This film is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association for the following reasons: sexual content and some violence including a sexual assault.
Blu-ray™: Feature: 1080p High Definition 2.39:1 | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: Feature: 2.39:1 Anamorphic Widescreen | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I usually watch Toronto TV (CTV), and they had a review recently of this movie. The review was not very good, but ended on a note of puzzlement. One young announcer turned to the young reviewer, and both agreed that the most unsatisfying thing about the flick was they never told what a "crawdad" was, They said they would have to do an internet search.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I usually watch Toronto TV (CTV), and they had a review recently of this movie. The review was not very good, but ended on a note of puzzlement. One young announcer turned to the young reviewer, and both agreed that the most unsatisfying thing about the flick was they never told what a "crawdad" was, They said they would have to do an internet search.

The movie has been getting a lot of television interview promotion lately -- especially for the fact that Reese Witherspoon is producing it. Apparently, the book that the film is based on has been extremely popular. I was looking forward to seeing this at some point (the trailer looked interesting), but disheartened that it fell to less-than-stellar reviews.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The movie has been getting a lot of television interview promotion lately -- especially for the fact that Reese Witherspoon is producing it. Apparently, the book that the film is based on has been extremely popular. I was looking forward to seeing this at some point (the trailer looked interesting), but disheartened that it fell to less-than-stellar reviews.

Pretty much, every woman I know has read the book, this includes my wife and her mother, my mother, all of my wife's female friends, and obviously lots of other people. My wife was so into it on a long drive she insisted I listen to the audiobook version. I did not finish it but thought it was a pretty good story in terms of what I did hear. I did not even know it was made into a film until just the other day. Has this made it into cinemas as I am kind of surprised it already has a Blu coming?

I figured this would make for a pretty popular film due to how many people seemed to be raving about it. It is a mystery and the novel did build some great atmosphere which I thought would make for a good film.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It has a 36% from critics and 96% from audience on RT. I find I often enjoy movies with that combination.

They tend to be simple, heartfelt dramas.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’m sorry, but if you are presenting yourself as a spokesperson for a news program, or a movie reviewer, and you don’t know what a simple noun like Crawdad means, AND you don’t do any research, you are just a twit and should not expect any respect.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m sorry, but if you are presenting yourself as a spokesperson for a news program, or a movie reviewer, and you don’t know what a simple noun like Crawdad means, AND you don’t do any research, you are just a twit and should not expect any respect.
Well, idiots abound in film criticism. I can't count the times I've seen complaints of "What am I supposed to think?" regarding the theme of a movie. Not everything is spoon-fed and simple-minded, or should it be. If a movie requires some effort and thought from the viewer, that doesn't mean the movie is "stupid" or poorly written.

I can't forget one of the most idiotic comments I've ever heard, from a highly visible "critic" regarding the animated movie "9". The angry comment was "Animated movies aren't supposed to be this dark!" This was one of the most published critics in the US, and showed him as nothing but a complete idiot.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
They sing when you put them in a pot to boil. Just as a lobster.
5533FC5F-94BE-4649-B1EC-2293759947C2.jpeg

Attachments

• ED4AB457-FBA2-46CD-9624-AB12392DAED2.jpeg
    ED4AB457-FBA2-46CD-9624-AB12392DAED2.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 34

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
can't forget one of the most idiotic comments I've ever heard, from a highly visible "critic" regarding the animated movie "9". The angry comment was "Animated movies aren't supposed to be this dark!" This was one of the most published critics in the US, and showed him as nothing but a complete idiot.

This critic has clearly never seen Grave of the Fireflies. :unsure:

I have been seeing advertisements for the film (that is the subject of the thread), and they have been pretty effective for me in terms of generating some interest. Looking at the director's credits, they are fairly limited and mostly television; but everyone has to start somewhere. I may have to give this a try.

- Walter.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This critic has clearly never seen Grave of the Fireflies. :unsure:

I have been seeing advertisements for the film (that is the subject of the thread), and they have been pretty effective for me in terms of generating some interest. Looking at the director's credits, they are fairly limited and mostly television; but everyone has to start somewhere. I may have to give this a try.

- Walter.
I believe it was AO Scott but it could have been Richard Roper. It was definitely on At The Movies.

The September 2009 release indicates it was Scott.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks