What's new

Spenser: For Hire season 1 announced for DVD - at last! (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
In the middle of the Pilot Episode taking a quick break. The image is on par with other TV show releases of the era. The audio seems to be 2.0 Mono and sounds fine, although I do tend to turn this up louder than other shows I watch. I am NOT dissapointed. great set I wouldn't hesitate to purchase at all.Finished the full pilot. All is good. :) I really hope there are fans out there buying season 1. Better late then never on DVD. Also I just got my shipping notification from Warner Archive! (So maybe some shipping emails go out a day later)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Yes the discs were pressed :)

I watched all of Disc one last nite. All kinds of nice guest stars... or should I say rising stars. I couldn't be happier with the release.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
All the eps I've watched you know who did it, however I was about 8 yrs old when the series ended. I'd expect some shows could do that format but I would guess many follow storylines where you see the bad guys do their thing so to speak.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Powell&Pressburger said:
Yes the discs were pressed :)

I watched all of Disc one last nite. All kinds of nice guest stars... or should I say rising stars. I couldn't be happier with the release.
They´ll probably ship my set next Friday(September 5th). I hope I´ll also get pressed discs.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm a bigger fan of Urich's Vega$ show and generally have far less '80s shows than '70s, but like him a lot so will get this as soon as possible now it's finally out at long last.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
So far I have watched 14 episdoes. The quality all seem to be in place. There are some compression issues from time to time but for DVD I can over look it.

Anyone else have any comments regarding the set? I'm hoping it is selling decently so we can get S2,S3 released.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Powell&Pressburger said:
So far I have watched 14 episdoes. The quality all seem to be in place. There are some compression issues from time to time but for DVD I can over look it.

Anyone else have any comments regarding the set? I'm hoping it is selling decently so we can get S2,S3 released.
I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Spenser again. The Boston location is beautiful, and Avery Brooks eats up that scenery every time he's on the screen. I've been able to watch 4 episodes so far and am looking forward to more as time permits. So I am all in for S2 and S3 any time Warner can get to them.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I'm hoping that initial batches will be pressed discs like season 1 was but no indication of it yet. season 2 is a little bit more pricy then S1 was when it came out but I could be wrong. I don't mind the price as long as they offer some pressed at the start.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Probably no pressed discs this time because the Warner shop says "MOD-manufactured on demand".

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Yeah it is confusing cause Season 1 Still says pressed but also features the MOD logo. I would be surprised if they are DVD-Rs from the start. WB Archive tweet said S1 sold very well so I can't imagine S2 not getting any pressed.

If they are pressed I am more prone to buying them ASAP but DVD-rs I don't rish to buy. I will buy it but I can wait longer. Which sort of hurts sales.

The price has dropped on WB Shop (it was shown at around 47.00 ish)

SpenserForHire_S2_f.jpg

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Powell&Pressburger said:
Yeah it is confusing cause Season 1 Still says pressed but also features the MOD logo. I would be surprised if they are DVD-Rs from the start. WB Archive tweet said S1 sold very well so I can't imagine S2 not getting any pressed.

If they are pressed I am more prone to buying them ASAP but DVD-rs I don't rish to buy. I will buy it but I can wait longer. Which sort of hurts sales.

The price has dropped on WB Shop (it was shown at around 47.00 ish)

attachicon.gif
SpenserForHire_S2_f.jpg
Yup its now down to 38 dollars….

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
bronson said:
Probably no pressed discs this time because the Warner shop says "MOD-manufactured on demand".

You really can't base it on that alone. The company that prepares the releases for WB can do a limited run of pressed disks that they still classify as MOD in that the disks are manufactured but the process of assembling them into a release (case, cover, shrink wrap) isn't performed until ordered. Even the "limited run" language is inconsistent across releases. Since transitioning to this process a few years ago almost all (if not all) TV releases have had a limited run of "pressed" disks first. While I suppose WB could change things up at anytime, based on past history i would say Spenser for Hire, season 2, will initially be released with pressed disks. Same for Bronco season 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks