What's new

Special Features on Final Season of MASH (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, I'm going to keep my receipts for seaons 10 and 11 just in case we will be able to send off for the bonus disc.

I just can't believe that after 6 years of faithfully purchasing these sets the day they come out that Fox is going to pull this. Again, this totally sucks.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'd love to see the numerous M*A*S*H reunion specials released but that's unlikely as they were aired on different networks. CBS, I believe, did 2 of them - Memories Of M*A*S*H (hosted by Shelley Long) & an anniversary reunion. Then the FOX network also did one. This doesn't count the great episode of Biography dedicated to the series and a juicy Behind The Sitcom installment about the series that aired on FOX. I doubt that any of these will be released at all. I'd be happy if they would just re-air the first special that CBS did.

By the by, does anyone know if the final DVD set will include the finale movie ? I'm guessing it will but for those who don't know the movie was not the last thing filmed for the series. The time capsule episode was actually the last segment filmed.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
With 20th Century Fox doing this and various problems with Universal discs (I just found out today one of my earlier Universal titles has gone dead), I may stop buying from both companies. If this continues, I'll soon only be buying DVDs from Warners.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
It would be interesting to know how the complete set announcement affects the last two season set sales.

Why wouldn't it, it is the show's finale.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I can understand the "upset" mentality here. I'm a season set buyer of M*A*S*H too, yet I really don't care if they throw some extras into some kind of mega-set. I won't be buying it. I got what I want, and that's the episodes. The specials were interesting for their time, but having lived through them all (and probably having them on tape somewhere), I can tell you that they don't have the same appeal to me that the actual episodes do.

I'm thankful that Fox has gotten through the full run of the show (or will have in November, 2006), and provided crystal-clear prints of the episodes, with the options to have or not have the laugh track. That's proven to be the most valuable thing to me. Any extras I might watch once and put away. It's really no big deal to me, so if the company wants to entice other buyers to get this great series, so be it.

Again, I feel sorry for those of you who DO want these things, but I personally am not upset at all about it.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks