What's new
World Wide Stereo

Speaker Stands for odd-shaped speakers (1 Viewer)

ChrisRuh

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for speaker stands for an odd-shaped Wharfedale Evo DFS bipole speaker? (They are triangluar/diamond shaped and slope down so a "flat shelf" won't do the trick). I know these are meant to be mounted to a wall, but after my wife saw the size of these things she said "No way!" Plus she didn't want speaker wire running up the side of the wall.

The speakers are a bit heavy and large and have two keyhole mounting brackets on the back.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I know this may seem bizzare, but it's better than having them lean against a shelf in a bookcase.

Thanks

ChrisRuh

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Fish the wires inside the wall. Pretty simple to do (even on insulated walls).

As for stands. Ive seen some that are just poles. They have a bracket that mounts to the back of the speaker. Not sure where I saw those, though. I take it that you have already searched through all the stands at www.standsandmounts.com

ChrisRuh

Stunt Coordinator
Rob-

Thanks for the response. Yes, I've seen those, and was wondering if those would do the trick, the problem is that the speakers weigh in at 10 lbs each.

The keyhole mouting brackets are on each top corner of the speaker. Should I place another bracket in the center of the speaker? Is it a good idea to drill into the speaker or should I try to rig something up?

Thanks for the response.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I looked up your speakers on the net. No way I would mount those on stands. Not even possible (except resting on the stands AND leaning against the wall). They are too large and heavy to be mounted on the side of a stand. The stand would need to be bolted to the floor.

Any chance of you trading them in for the "bookshelf" model. I think bipoles are overrated anyway (seen the graphs on bipoles lately?) A bookshelf model mounted on an elegant stand usually has a high(er) WAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks