What's new

Speaker reccos? (1 Viewer)

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
This past January I setup my living room.
Energy Encores---wife didnt want those big things near the fireplace
Sony STR-945
Sony 36 kv 27 or something (not xbr
frown.gif
)
So in a few weeks my basement will be complete and Im actively looking for my new HT setup.
So Im stepping up a little bit and am looking for recommendations on fronts (floor standing--the basement belongs to men) that are good for HT but also perform well with music (60/40 split HT/music). Price range is $1k-$2k.
I went to listen to some Mirage series for $1400-not bad
Any suggestions?
Thanks Mike
------------------

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Do they absolutely need to be floor standers? If not, you may want to look at a pair of ACI Sapphires with the Titan II sub. If you are good with wood work, then you could go with the ACI Jaguar kits and build 4 or 5 of the Jaguars. You could also look at B&W Nautilus 805 or 804 or some nOrh SM 6.9s or marble 7.0s. Paradigm Studio 100s or Swan Diva 6.1s are additional options.

Mikey B

Stunt Coordinator
If you like Mirage, try listening to the HDT series. They are slightly out of your price range at retail ($1250/each), but they are fantastic. If you can get a good deal....Highly recommended. As for others, I don't think you can go wrong with anything in that price range from Paradigm, PSB, NHT, JM Labs, B&W, M&K and probably many others. If you like a good deal (like I do), you may be able to find some discontinued speaker lines from NHT and JM Labs at much discounted prices. I've also seen a couple dealers advertise PSB "B" stock items at very nice discounts. Some Online speakers that get great reviews are Axiom and the Swan Divas. I think those would be worth checking out too. You don't have to spend a lot to get a lot necessarily. Go demo, and pickup whatever stuns you!

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
You should definitely check out Definitive Technology at www.definitivetech.com They make amazing speakers...just give the rears 1-3 feet to fire, keep about 5-10 feet in between the speakers, and keep the sides free from obstructions for the side-firing subs (which should probably fire outward). You might be able to find that 2000TL for 2000/pair...this is a truly amazing speaker. See the reviews for this speaker at www.audioreview.com and it will give you an idea how to set up the speakers. Generally I recommend driving them with something like yamaha rx-v1, b&k avr307, high end Marantz, or Denon 5800. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks