What's new

Speaker placement for watching TV from my bed (1 Viewer)

Andre Barros

Stunt Coordinator
My system is set up in my room and I usually watch TV from my bed. The front speakers are placed on stands but I can't seem to decide what the best place for the surrounds would be. To my left I have a wall about 2 feet from the bed and that is where I wanted to mount them, but to my right tehre is no wall, just the door about 7 feet away. Where would be the best place to put the speakers in this case? I thought about the back wall but they would be facing forward and I'm afraid I would not achieve the desired effect this way. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Andre

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi andre -

currently, my couch is right against my back wall, so i'm sort of in the same situation as you. right now my speakers are beside the couch, facing upwards. i've found this works best for me - especially since i have a shelf on the back wall and the sound bounces off the shelf back down to the listener position...providing a diffused effect.

however, the only answer that will work is to experiment!

also check out this link for more info about rear-speaker placement.

dolby.com speaker placement

[edit] oh yeah, don't forget to calibrate your rear speakers. that will help compensate for differences in placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks