What's new

Spam being posted. (2 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
It doesn't take long, but I was away from my computer. Just report the posts and we'll get to it.
Away from your computer, huh? You'd think you have a life or something.Probably off watching some movie or something.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
The spamming situation is getting a bit out of control. Logged in a few minutes ago to find virtually the whole 'front page' of the Blu-ray forum covered in spam (and yes, I reported both the spammers before posting this):

Obviously this is a difficult problem to deal with, and I sympathize as a few years ago I ran a forum with much more traffic than HTF and faced even worse. I ran a VBulletin forum and there were a variety of user-made mods/hacks I used for dealing with spammers. I don't know about IP Board, but a quick Google search shows mods and plugins which prevent known spammers. It won't stop all spam of course, but it should stop the bulk of it.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We have several running. It's a bit of a balancing act and we are trying to find that balance. If we lock it down too hard it drives valid posters away. Ron and I have both been traveling for the last two days so that is causing some reaction delays too. Thanks for continuing to report it when you find it.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Just to put some things into perspective, over the last 6 hours over 90 registrations were blocked, and these were non-bot registrations since they made it past captcha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks