What's new

South Park: Season Twelve (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the Grapes of Wrath homage and the emerging internet psychosis developing amongst the population. For many, the internet is as common as running water as a basic utility in their homes, and when it's gone (even temporarily), it feels weird.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, tell me about it. When I was switching service a couple years ago I was really concerned about installation problems and not being able to get on the net. Pretty sad but I can't imagine not having the net. Same goes for cell phones. I feel nekkid without my cell, even if I'm only going down the street for milk and back.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This season has really been consistently good.

This was an interesting episode in terms of how people of different ages might react to it. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Pretty funny ending to this run of episodes. Anything with Butters acting like a whiny bitch is always funny. And the over the top SP violence is always good for a laugh.

I think this half of the season was solid overall but there was no gut busting hilarious episode.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I thought this episode was enjoyable if not terribly funny.

The half-season as a whole definitely had some classic moments. "We're not just certain. . ."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I sat down to watch the two latest episodes (Internet loss and
Cartman/Butters Funland) last night and this was the first time
I turned them both off before completion.

Perhaps it was just my overall mood, but I didn't find either
to be terribly funny.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I thought Super Fun Time was a pretty lame end to this season. Hardly any LOL moments for me aside from a couple Cartman one-liners. This season was definitely a drop off from season 11 which had some of the best South Park episodes ever IMHO.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
[SARCASM]Wow, I'm so surprised that Matt and Trey hated Indy IV because those guys never seem to hate everything.[/SARCASM] It's one thing to not like a movie but when you waste half an episode on complaining about a movie (and you have to pad it with the same rape joke/flashback three times), you may need to get a life.

On the plus side, I found the Butters and Cartman story funny but even that was just too repetitive with the guys that kept getting shot in the dick. And I will say that it was funny seeing Lucas rape Indy on a Howard The Duck pinball machine.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not the best episode, though I knew they'd eventually just do the out-and-out Deliverance parody. I would have liked to see the entire episode devoted to the Chinese subplot.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The China Probrem

I like how the episode is titled probrem and not problem.

The Accused parody of Lucas raping Indy on the Howard the Duck pinball machine was pretty funny.
And the lawyer was playing a Willow arcade game.

Episode was okay.
I liked the Indy story better than Cartman and Butters Chinese invasion.
But having them take over a P.F. Chang's restaurant because they see American workers there was funny.
Now I'm hungry for P.F. Chang's

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I thought it was hilarious and the repeated dream sequences of Lucas and Spielberg taking on Indy had me on the floor. Then again, I'm no fan of Lucas or Spielberg so anything mocking them is going to win me over awful quick. I never bothered to see the new Indy. I'll probably rent it some time, and see if I agree, but the trailer sure made me believe that I will.

....and for once, I actually agreed with one of Cartman's motives.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Lucas and Spielberg are responsible for some of my favorite films of all-time so I'm clearly a HUGE fan of their work. Having said that, I thought this episode was hilarious. IMHO they deserved to be skewered for what they did with Indy IV and when the cops caught them raping the Stormtrooper at Skywalker Ranch I was on the floor. Very funny episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The guys definitely know how to go for the outrageous.

"The Accused" is one of my favorite 80s movies, and to see it spoofed the way it was was disturbing, yet at the same time, I must admit that I was laughing.

The ways that the boys, the lawyer and the cop were crying seemed like a comment on how much movies can affect us...I don't know if that was intentional, though.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Already looking forward to next week's episode.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
I agree with Butter's, I liked Indy IV.

Thought the episode was pretty funny though, and the opening animation of the chinese drummers was awesome. It is amazing how far this show has come in just art/animation terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks