What's new

South Park: Insult to Injury (1 Viewer)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Warner has forced me to download the episodes (on VCD) from the binary groups. I'd give all my VCD's away if they released season box sets of the show.
Yeah, it's all Warner's fault that people feel the need to pirate episodes of the show, They forced you, sure. :rolleyes
I simply won't consider buying any South Park unless it comes out in either season sets or season ordered single discs (preferably sets).

Jacques C

Stunt Coordinator
Don't buy the code-free players on Ebay. Head to Sam's and get the Daewoo 5700 ($100). That way you get a warantee.
Hit www.nerd-out.com for the remote trick to mae the player region free and RCE impervious. The player also happens to convert PAL-NTSC (though not as nicely as the new Malata).
Jacques

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Another opportunity to tell Warner you won't buy themed discs.

Check my signature, and add your voices to the majority!

-V

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's kind of ironic the chosen title for this set.

I haven't purchased any South Park on DVD that wasn't produced by Rhino or Paramount. All of those releases were done properly. Why can't Warner follow suit?

If South Park isn't released in order as season sets, I'm not going to buy. Ever.

Who is buying these things?

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
Jacques,

The website you linked to is for the Apex, does the info in the site also work for the Daewoo. If so I just might make a trip to Sam's. I've been wanting a cheap dvd player for the bedroom anyway.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Is there something we can *REALLY* do?
Like stage a protest in front of WB headquarters with posters and banners? Chain ourselves to the gates to WB DVD production division?
Seriously...I'd do a road trip to get some *real* attention for the cause.
It's taken on a greater significance for me than just this show...it's the passion of the collector against the banal mentality of the corporate heads.
Does anyone have the snail-mail addresses to the heads of WB???
-dave

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Vince,
Thanks for the address, but a word of warning: I've sent two complaints to that address for Warner DVDs that have suffered from rot. Guess how many responses I got? Yup. Zero. Hope we have better luck this time.
It's kind of ironic the chosen title for this set.
Or appropriate depending on whether it was intentional or not...
I don't understand WB's position here. They give in to the fan base and agree to release season sets for Friends (which I will be buying, WB if you're reading this), but not for SP? :angry:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This is just one, of MANY examples, where Warner just doesn't get it. Warner, far more than any other studio, doesn't make the brightest decisions when it comes to DVD. They never seize to amaze me.

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Lets visit the WB HQ and shoot ourselves with catapults against their building until they give into our demands for seasoned box sets :D
I want every episode in chronological order and I will not buy themed discs. The way Rhino released SP was the correct way. Are you listening WB?

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I also refuse to purchase this title. I'm not the biggest fan of South Park around, but I'd definitely go for a season set.
Thank God The Transformers is in Rhino's hands and not Warner Bros'. TF: Season One comes out in April, w/extras. :)

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
okay I have the first 2 season sets from Rhino. if I was to go and order the Region 2 discs where would I need to start to get them all without overlaping? Would season 3 do it if the seasons there are basically the same as here?

I'm seriously considering the Malata player. I just order Futurama and wanta BAttle Royale too.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I'll buy it, but only because I know it will be a looooong time before we see season box sets.... if ever.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I'll buy it, but only because I know it will be a looooong time before we see season box sets.... if ever.
Martin, that's the wrong attitude. If you send the message that you will by theme sets, then they'll keep putting out theme sets. But if they think no one will buy theme sets, then eventually they'll get the right message put them out.

Byron Miller

Auditioning
Like stage a protest in front of WB headquarters with posters and banners? Chain ourselves to the gates to WB DVD production division?
Perhaps if we all got the runs and catapulted ourselves at the corporate headquarter until they also release themed sets of "She's the Sherrif." :)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
If you guys are really serious about this issue, I would employ a different approach.
1. Find out who owns/partners with Comedy Central (wouldn't surprise me if it's Time Warner.
2. Go to the www.comedycentral.com website and find the companies that support Comedy Central (currently I see CDW and Century 21). Write to them and tell them you feelings on this issue (they probably will tell you it is out of their hands and that who you chould contact at Comedy Central). That way we may get a point of contact that can be notified of the petition and who we can inundate with mail.
3. Notify Warner Bros that their will be a boycott on this product and all South Park product until their is a general press release (AND PEOPLE STICK TO IT - YOU CUTTING YOU OWN THROATS IF YOU DON'T). And tell them that you will be forwarding the petition to them to back it up. If each and everyone of you does this - that's a lot of influx of mail (and it you send it by Mail and ask for a receipt - that can be used to your advantage as well). That can be posted all over the internet as proof of Warner Bros lack of consumer support.
4. Get some of the web-sites behind you in boycotting South Park or at least advertising to boycott SOuth Park.
Warner Bros., in my opinion, needs to be taught a lesson. They continue to ignore ANY and ALL input from the consumer. They continue to state that market research shows ... but fail to state that the marketing research they are using is based on old VHS market research. There has not been any ACTIVE market research done by Warner on DVD - if their was you would see some polls on their web-sites and/or cards in their DVDs. Has anyone seen these cards in their DVDs. There are many more issues they continually ignore:
1. DTS even when they have only one audio track on the DVD. Even their DVD-Audios (Warner Electra) now contain DTS audio tracks. What is Warner Home Videos problem?
2. Snappers - the MAJORITY of consumers hate them and they know it.
3. Customer support - forget it. When Dr. Zhivago came out and the upper barcode sticker was placed on the cardboard box instead of the shrink wrap, I tried to get feedback from them. After sending 10 e-mails and threatening to forward all e-mails to Warner Corporate Offices and the President, did I finally get a reply. Basically, even though they manufacture and distribute, their feelings were that once the DVD leaves the plant, it is the stores responsibility to replace.
4. Family Films - they consider that only children watch family films and could care less what they look like. Far cry from a company you fought tooth and nail for DVD in the beginning. They should review some of their advertisements when they were promoting DVD technology. The major feature they promoted was WS and Digital sound. Those people must be gone.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
smiley_puke2.gif

Jodee

Screenwriter
Martin, that's the wrong attitude. If you send the message that you will by theme sets, then they'll keep putting out theme sets. But if they think no one will buy theme sets, then eventually they'll get the right message put them out
I think you're giving WHV too much credit if you think that is the conclusion they will reach over lost sales.

The more likely conclusion they will make is "Gee, these South Park discs don't sell well, guess there's not much demand for this show on DVD."

I know how these companies think and they seldom see the big picture.

Wasn't the Friends Season set announced only after the "best of" discs sold well and Warner suddenly "got" there was more demand than they realized for TV on DVD.

Why they can't extrapolate this knowledge to South Park is another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks