What's new

SoundStage's (positive) full review of Cerwin-Vega's CLS series loudspeaker (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Cerwin-Vega CLS-215: 2007 Award Winner/Budget Leader

I have actually been thinking of buying the single 12" or 15" woofer version* for a music-only system, but couldn't find any reviews and finally stopped looking months ago and couldn't listen to them for myself since AFAIK they aren't sold down here. But recently a member over at Audiokarma.org posted the link to this professional review.

Some excerpts from this very detailed review......

I wished the reviewer had also used some Rush, Massive Attack, Gorillaz, or Tool to test these, to see how they do with those genres, but I'm glad they tested them at all. :emoji_thumbsup:

These were designed by an engineer who had just previously worked for NHT & his boss previously worked for the Revel hi-end speaker people.

FYI: the soft dome tweeters this series uses (I've never seen a large CV use such a "staid" design) are sourced from Vifa of Denmark and include a copper shorting ring to reduce distortion. Even I'll admit the upper frequency spectrum was where most previous Cerwins were a bit......um.....overzealous, and for long listening sessions that could get irritating for some people, so it's nice to see Cerwin taking care of a different cross section of listeners, but who still want their rock and pop - and classical - to have plenty of kick.

* link to Cerwin's CLS series page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks