What's new

soundproofing questions (1 Viewer)

Vikkid_x2

Auditioning
Real Name
Vikram
I am looking to finish my basement and am looking into turning one into a home theater for my family to enjoy. the room is around 33'4" x 10'8" unfinished. I went through beings sticky which gave me a fair idea of things to consider for prepping a room for a theater, but it left me with this question-

Considering my home theater room is in the basement with 3 walls surrounded by dirt and one wall of hollow concrete blocks, I'm wondering how much soundproofing and decoupling is required. certainly the ceiling should be treated to keep sound contained, but what about the walls?
fyi, none of the rooms adjacent to the ht room are bed rooms/quite rooms.

on another note what do you think of the space I have? is it too small(width) for a ht room?
if I install an 8ft wide(or close to) screen, how many rows of seatsdo you think I can accommodate?

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Probably just want to soundproof the ceiling. Decoupling from the concrete walls probably isn't necessary. Probably go for two rows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks