What's new
World Wide Stereo

Soundbar or Skinny Speakers (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
As we all know, there are frequently compromises that must be made when trying to have a decent setup in a usable living environment. Well, the compromise I'm currently looking at is that, due to WAF, I will have to move my TV into the corner of our living room if I want to get a high-def, widescreen tv.

The compromise here is obviously the sound. I currently have a decent sound setup with SVS SBS-01's for L/R and SCS-01 for the center. I have an Acoustech H-100 sub and some cambridge soundworks surrounds. Not great, but good enough for me.

I have limited space in the corner due to a fireplace on one wall and windows on the other wall. These are limiting me to a TV no larger than 46" (although I may be getting a 42"). This is going to leave extremely limited space on either side of the TV.

I am considering buying a soundbar that would sit beneath the TV. As I understand it, these come in two flavors. The first is the type that tries to simulate all 5 channels and the second includes LCR into one cabinet. While I've read great things about the Yamaha 3500, I don't think I can put $1200 towards this, so I'm leaning toward the LCR models. Does anyone have suggestions for the best options available? I haven't established a specific budget, but let's say anything under $1000 for now.

Alternatively, if anyone has suggestions for some skinny speakers that might fit next to the tv, I would also listen to those suggestions. I do not anticipate having more than about 4" on either side of the tv.

Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I would much prefer 3 flat panel/on-walls to a single soundbar but a quick check of Amazon shows on-walls to also be very expensive. This soundbar from PartsExpress is priced reasonably but couldn't possibly sound anywhere near as good as what you had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks