What's new

Sony's first showing of their new Crystal MicroLED TV (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Visiting Sony Square, NYC to see the upcoming Pro division models, projection systems, and NEW Sony Crystal LED!

Sony NYC w:RZ.jpeg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sony's new Crystal MicroLED displays will be available in the B Series designed for high ambient light viewing and the C series with the design focus to deliver the very best picture quality for low to moderate ambient viewing.

Here's a pic of Sony's new B and C Series Crystal MicroLED displays w/me, and SOny product manager and one of the engineers.

Sony NYC W:Johnny and Karim Mkg mgr &  B2B engiineer.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Very exciting news. Look forward to coming to your store when you have them in stock to see what they look like.

I have been very interested in MicroLED displays since they were announced.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sony's new Crystal MicroLED are new models that are expected to launch early December. The projectors and LCD/LED TVs are all 2021 models that just launched last month.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What’s the size of the micro LED sets? Wondering how far along we are to uLED becoming projector replacements for 100”+ screens for sub-$15k?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We saw two 110" 16x9 Crystal MicroLED displays, one of the new C series and one was the new B series. I priced them out at $172,000 MSRP for the 110" 16:9 size.

I believe Samsung's new 110" MicroLED is $159,000.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Visiting Sony Square, NYC to see the upcoming Pro division models, projection systems, and NEW Sony Crystal LED!

View attachment 105698
In your experience working with Sony, how alert are they to human perceptual factors relating to viewing environment principles and eye strain (especially regarding the "C" model)? I assume these panels will operate at significantly higher brightness than a typical projection system.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
SMPTE, PVA, THX, ISF, Lion AV Consultants

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What? SONY has forgotten how to make a TV that can be adjusted for the ambient lighting? Now they have to make different models for the level of room lighting you have? Seriously?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What’s the size of the micro LED sets? Wondering how far along we are to uLED becoming projector replacements for 100”+ screens for sub-$15k?

We saw two 110" 16x9 Crystal MicroLED displays, one of the new C series and one was the new B series. I priced them out at $172,000 MSRP for the 110" 16:9 size.

In other words, no time soon.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What? SONY has forgotten how to make a TV that can be adjusted for the ambient lighting? Now they have to make different models for the level of room lighting you have? Seriously?
"High ambient lighting" is probably market-speak for outdoors. These are meant for very bright environments, not merely a bright living room. That takes a different class of display brightness, energy usage, and subsequent thermal management.

YANG

Screenwriter

3yrs later, today, the price for Sammy's 110incher falls by $10k, reference to Samsung's website.
TCL pulls the trigger either today or recently, after LG and SAMSUNG, in China's domestic market with their biggest caliber... 163" screen!
tcl163microled_2.jpg

taking reference from last year's release launch of 115X955 into U.S. market in Q12024 thru CES, after it made it's first appearance as 115X11Gmax in China domestic market in... roughly 2Q2023, yup... should the same trend follows, we may see this launched here by end of the year or the next CES.
the 163"microLED, how much will it be priced, thru the report it is stated that the figure comes to USD$110k estimates, which puts SAMSUNG's 110inch microLED into the game of pricing. SAMSUNG may offer discounts by few thousands for the moment, but it won't fall under the price probably of a TESLA CYBERBEAST ...as they don't feel the heat coming.

only until end of the year, we can see how low can SAMSUNG go......

YANG

Screenwriter
maybe the "Cat" had sneaked out...

...from the bag?
whoever gives the most options of screen size choice available, gets to reach out to potential buyers first?​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks