What's new
World Wide Stereo

Sony vs Toshiba (1 Viewer)

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new tv, my old sony just died on me, and I would like your opinions on the following models.

First I have to point out that due to the lack of cash I have to go low-tech (non-HD) at least for now. So I'm not looking to waste money on a 36inches. I'll have to go with a 27.But I still want the best quality even if it's cheap.

Toshiba 27AF53 600$CAN.
VS
Sony KV27FS120 600$CAN

I know there's also the Sony KV27VF310 but it's 300$ more expensive.

So the price is the same but I know that most dealer are more flexible with prices when it comes to Toshiba.

I know this tread seems a little bit out of place in the middle of all those Plasma and LCD discussions but this is my situation so please don't let me waste my money on a bad product. Thank you

728x90
I'll just say this. Years back, we bought two standard TV's; a Toshiba floor unit and a Sony tabel top. The Toshiba must have burned out one of it's bulbs because we had to fix it. The Sony never even had a hiccup. I think that Sonys are built well.

AlexMI

Auditioning
I have the Sony model you are looking at, my advice would to be avoid it. While the overall picture quality is quite nice, the geometry simply stinks and it is apparantly a widespread problem.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
FYI, the Toshiba 27AF44 is now available at a suggested selling price of $479.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks