What's new

Sony NS500 (1 Viewer)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I am interested in the Sony NS500 primarily as a CD player with SACD capabilities and as backup for my Panasonic DVD player. Does anyone using this model have any thoughts on it. I notice that Circuit City has it down to $220 which seems low. Is this unit closing out to be replaced by an newer unit? Any comments or thoughts

concerning this model would be appreciated. I have a modest

DD5.1 surround sytem due to my living in a small apartment, if that would have any bearing on your comments.

Best

Greg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Matthew Anker

Stunt Coordinator
Stay away from the NS500V. You can buy a CE775 for $179 at some stores and have a much better player. The NS500V is cheaply built, has a switching power supply, and has all of the audio fuctions integrated into one DAC chip. I've got one that I'm prototyping for modification, and I can even phase the switching noise coming from that power supply yet. You've been warned!
-Matthew Anker
www.SACDmods.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks