What's new

Sony DVD spindle motor (1 Viewer)

David Massey

Agent
Does anyone know where to get the Mabuchi made Sony DVD player spindle motor RF320CH-12400 cheaper than the $80 Sony wants for it?

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
$80 would be for the entire optic block assembly not just the motor. I've never found a source for the motor by itself but Mat Electronics sometimes has the assemblies much cheaper. If you can locate a dead unit you may be able to swap the part of the assembly with the motor on it (the optic part is the usual failure) I keep all the broken units in my shop for parts but that's not much help if you're not local .

David Massey

Agent
Thanks for the Mat Electronics, I'm always looking for new places to get parts. I was able to fix the motor with the help of another websight full of people with the same problem who had a fix which worked great and saved me a bunch of money too.

David Massey

Agent
I already fixed it for free using the back of an old CD motor I had laying around which uses the same brush assembly, worked great and saved a bundle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks