What's new

So...are you mixing-in your HD discs with your SD-DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Two-or-three times in any given year, I "lose" a CD or DVD or Blu-Ray - meaning I am unable to find it, despite my best attempts to remain as organized as possible. Usually, when I eventually find the "lost" item, I realize I was too clever by half, in terms of squeezing the item into such a small space that I completely forget the space was ever available in the first place. Right now I am unable to find the slim-case DVD of Ronin (from the Frankenheimer box set), which I would like to switch to a double slim-case to also hold the new Blu-Ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Two-or-three times in any given year, I "lose" a CD or DVD or Blu-Ray - meaning I am unable to find it, despite my best attempts to remain as organized as possible. Usually, when I eventually find the "lost" item, I realize I was too clever by half, in terms of squeezing the item into such a small space that I completely forget the space was ever available in the first place. Right now I am unable to find the slim-case DVD of Ronin (from the Frankenheimer box set), which I would like to switch to a double slim-case to also hold the new Blu-Ray.
Out of curiosity, why would you want to hold onto that Ronin DVD?

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Habit - as I mentioned I like to (try to) stay organized, so I would like to file the BR, but I do not want to hastily discard the DVD until I have confirmed (to my own satisfaction) that there is not any material missing from the BR that was on the DVD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Habit - as I mentioned I like to (try to) stay organized, so I would like to file the BR, but I do not want to hastily discard the DVD until I have confirmed (to my own satisfaction) that there is not any material missing from the BR that was on the DVD.
I was just wondering as I had that same DVD, but discarded it once I confirmed that Arrow's BD had Frankenheimer's audio commentary and the rest of the Bonus Material on it.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I never had many VHS, just nine films (Star Wars, Alien and Beatles) and some music VHS (clips and/or live stuff).

My DVDs and BDs are separated (with one exception*) just out of space reasons.

*The one exception is my favorite genre: Westerns.
The reason is also very simple: Some of the Koch BDs are in book form with the height of a DVD-case, so I mingled the BDs with the DVDs as I needed the height fit for DVDs in the shelf anyway.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
All of my DVDs went into binders when I moved into a small apartment circa 2012-2013, and the cases were boxed up and went into storage. I just didn't have the room or the shelf space at the time to have them all out. And then when I moved to a larger dwelling a couple years later, I left the DVDs in the binders. So only my Blu-Rays are on display, currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks