What's new

Smallville season 6 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
(Fanboy mode on)That was officially the coolest episode.(Fanboy mode off)

:)

Instead of a Green Arrow spin-off. They should have a Justice League spin-off. With guest appearances from our well known Kansas farmboy. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wow, what a ride! I loved tonights ep, it was everything I wanted it to be.

This was the first ep of Smallville in a long time that felt epic and it was by far the best ep that dealt with pure comic book sensabilities. So much could come from the possibilities that were opened tonight, enough to fill a couple of more season IMO. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lex, it seems, has finally turned towards the darkness that he's been inching towards for a long time and Clark now knows that he has a purpose...to protect the world from evil. I LOVED how the JL members were being called by their names, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow etc.

The only thing that I would have to complain about is the absense of the Martian Manhunter, I was hoping he would make an appearence tonight, i'm dying to see more of him.

Whew, the urgency for Clark to get his ass in gear and become Superman suddenly switched into overdrive, he needs to find the escaped Zoner's, complete Jor-El's training and join his newly found band of brothers, it's doubly cool that Chloe is also in on the action, she felt like an honerary JL member. :cool:

Superman must emerge soon!

BTW, in case no one noticed this, 2 months ago I started the show over from the beginning at work and I noticed a small detail in the pilot episode. When we see Lionel and little Lex for the very first time in the helicopter, Lionel is reading a newspaper that has the headline 'Queen Enterprises CEO Vanishes!'

It's a nice touch and a sweet bit of forthought by Gough and Milar to include that so early, I guess they planned on having Green Arrow appear on the show all along.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, we know Lionel is somewhat on Clark's side by providing the alibi to throw Lex off the scent. Lionel is still playing both sides, though.

Chloe is pretty much playing a young Oracle at this point (hacking, and coordinating).

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Welcome to the show. Actually, it was discussed. I don't think it was planned. It was more a nod to the comic fans. Smallville does it often. Usually they are comments that are Supes related. Their was also a reference to Wonder Woman once. In the episode where Lex is committed. Clark is walking through the hospital and a guard is reading a paper where the headline says "Themyscara Queen visits UN". Comic fans will know the queen is Wonder Woman's mom. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Lol. John just meant he started watching the early episodes again. He's long been a Smallville fan.

My favorite part by far was Chloe being a part of the team. If the team ends up going anywhere on TV, I hope she's part of it. I didn't like AC's recruitment story. I think it's true to the character, but I can't cheer on ecoterrorism.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great episode. Loved all that testosterone. Only thing that would have been even better is a JLA shower scene.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Now that was one killer episode, the best Smallville in a long time. I agree there should be a JL spin-off, I think it would do well, there would be enough characters and they could easily having any number of other superheroes make guest appearances.

I'm wondering if there already is a Flash in the Smallville world, it would be nice to have that connection. I did like the Flash logo on the back of Bart's costume. Nice to see Kyle Gallner since his end on Veronica Mars last season.

I hope we're going to see Ollie again soon, I really liked the actor and the character probably the most well rounded guest character they've had in ages. On the whole Queen Enterprises thing, in the comics its Ollie that the plane crash happens to, not his parents, but it does work out well for Smallville to have it happen to his parents. Gives him that Batman-esque background.

I was hoping for a little more screen time from AC and Victor but what we got was pretty darn cool and I'm hoping we get at least one more JL episode, maybe they can help Clark rid the world of the Zoners.

I love Allison Mack I have since the beginning and she just keeps on getting that much more cool each episode. This episode she became the Oracle of sorts, pretty darn cool I think.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Lol, I don't get this comment but it's funny nonetheless.

I loved this episode. All the little JL details, the fish jokes, the "boy-scout", cyborg at the end saying "why don't you come with us Clark, we could use the big guns". :D

I was giggling like a little girl throughtout the whole episode (I'm such a comic book geek).

Does Green Arrow have a device to change his voice or does he do it on his own?

Oh, the team calling Bart "Impulse" was funny too. I wonder when he'll get the name "Flash".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think they had to use "Impulse" instead of "Flash" because CBS might raise a stink about it (they put on the Flash TV show back in the 1990's). But the name fits Bart better at this point, anyhow, and that's who he was for the past decade in the comics, anyway. (Nowadays Bart is the new Flash, but it's a recent development).

Rocky F

Second Unit
The reason they used Impulse instead of Flash has nothing to do with the '90 CBS series, but Warner does have a new Flash movie in development from writer/director David Goyer and star Ryan Reynolds.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Also, note that in the episode only Bart and Clark didn't get to pick their own call-signs. So Bart got stuck with "Impulse" and Clark with "Boyscout". I think it's a perfect way to integrate the comic book history. Since "Impulse" is now a kind of derogatory nick-name we can easily assume that once Bart gets older he'll choose to go by "Flash".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Why aren't we seeing Batman on here? I know they intended to bring Bruce Wayne on before, but cited some nonsense about "not wanting to dilute Batman Begins." I think that's bunk. Having him as Bruce Wayne would have zero impact on the Batman movie franchise, and having him as Batman could even help.

Actually, I'd love to see a Green Lantern--but actually let him use the ring. Don't just have some guy in street clothes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's Warner Bros. corporate that won't let them touch any DC hero with a movie franchise in active development. That's why you haven't seen Wonder Woman or Green Lantern, either.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sadly I believe that we'll only get sporadic eps with the JLA, this is afterall the story of how Clark Kent becomes Superman and while last night's ep was a freakin' blast they can't let the show, and by that same token the main premise, get too over-run with super heroes, they've got to keep the emphesis on Clark.

I know this, though, it's going to be doubly hard waiting for Clark to become Supes when we now know that his new friends are out there tearing it up and ridding the world of evil while Clark continues to languish in Kansas. :frowning:

The sense of urgency is staggering now.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember reading that too. I hear that's the same reason why Diama Prince has not been allowed to show up as well.
The reason given, I believe, was that people would get confused if there was a movie and they were also on the TV show.
So why did they have a Superman movie?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Who are these mythical morons?

"OMG! That's Batman! I guess I'm watching the new movie at home!"

I wish WB Corporate would just let it happen instead of forcing the Smallville folks to create their own Batman, which ended up being totally forgettable (the meteor freak girl who was out for revenge last season).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well they may not be able to have WW on...But, they can mention her mom. ;)

Check out the headline on the Daily Planet.

This is from the season 3 episode "Asylum"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks