What's new

Smallville Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The season as a whole is probably the weakest they've had so far. I remember Gough and Millar mentioning early on that this would be the season where Lex would start to change. Cool, I thought, since Lex is the best thing about this show.

Well, he didn't do much all season, and then for some ungodly reason he goes all freakazoid on Lana in the Finale, freaking out over the stones. It just seemed rather abrupt with the only compass pointing him that way was one line "You did raise the son you always wanted." Even if Lex beleived that, he would never admit that to his father. The way they built Lex up is that he will eventually do evil, but think he is doing mankind a service. Admitting to his father that he's evil is just wrong and not where they've been pointing the character. They got it right in Season 3, the knife episode, where Lex believes the story on the wall is wrong, and that Naman (Superman) is really the bad guy of the story.

I hope next season picks up.

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
I started out very enthusiastic this season, but gave up midway through (around the time the witch nonsense really got going). They need to bury this show now- I would hate to see if they can drag this show down lower next season. It would be like the tragic Jenny Piccolo era of Happy Days - crap that stinks so bad, it forever tarnishes the memories of the good seasons.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I have a question regarding the stones that Clark is looking for. Why when the stone is uncovered or revealed, does Clark sometimes hear a high pitched noise? It doesn't happen every time. It only happened once with the stone that Lionel used to switch bodies with Clark, once when Lex had the stone on the plane and once when he was in China.

What is the reasoning behind this and why does it only happen once? Is that noise how he locates the stone? Is that why it only happens once?

Sorry for tall the questions, I'm just confused by this whole stone thing.

I'm only on disc 4 so please no spoilers of further episodes please if you reply to my post.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From what I remember, those are the three times that each individual stone is first revealed on the series. I would guess that it has something to do with the stones first emerging from their long-dormant state, but obviously Lionel's stone had been discovered some time before.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just wanted to comment on Season 4 that I am just now watching! :) Just finished disc 3 and OH MY GOD! Chloe just found out
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I'm not going to come back to this thread until I've finished the set then I'll read the good stuff you all wrote :) Some of the episodes so far in Season 4 have been kind of weak, but then there are some that are pretty incredible like the one I just witnessed, called Pariah. Whew...I couldn't believe it when Chloe finds out.

I'm sure I'm in for a wild ride the rest of the way as I'm half through. Then it's on to Season 5. I just pre-ordered the HD-DVD version which will be out on Nov. 28 so I'll have to wait until then.

Pretty cool so far....

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Only have 3 episodes left of Season 4. WOW...what a wild season so far! :)

I'm REALLY loving this thing with Chloe knowing. Really makes the show better. I'm hoping this continues???????????

Plan on finishing the last disc tomorrow (actually later today since it's already wednesday)

Good stuff :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I won't say anything, but I think season 5 will play really well on DVD. It was a little uneven watching from week-to-week, but the good stuff will outweigh the bad when you can watch them in rapid succession. And, season 6 has been really strong thus far.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finished the season Greg! Pretty cool cliffhanger...

Overall, Season 4 was very good. There were some duds but that's been the case for the show's history. Some though were EXCELLENT! I really think it was sheer genius to make Chloe know about Clark (at least in terms of some of his abilities). I've always liked her character and I guess in some ways, she took the place of Pete?

It really added some depth to the show and made me perk up a bit more when Chloe and Clark were on the screen together.

The whole Isabell thing I must admit had me rolling my eyes quite a bit...but near the end I was ready for anything related to it.

It's a strong series for sure. I was a BIG fan back in 2001 and most of 2002. Lost interest when I discovered Alias and kind of gave Smallville the boot.

Nice to see these characters and care about them again. I watched Season 3 this summer on dvd and now season 4.

Greg, I think most shows like this and it was certainly true for Alias in that they work better on dvd. You have less time to live with the dud episodes :D

Thought Season 4 on this dvd looked better image wise than season 3 did and can't wait to get the HD-DVD version of S5.

:)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

With that in mind, I am very confident you will like S5. There are some VERY strong episodes, including the season opener. Chloe knowing is just brilliant and really makes the character fun.

Brent T

Second Unit
My wife and I just finished season 4 on DVD. We were very disappointed with the season as a whole. After loving season 3 so much maybe we had higher expectations that season 4 just couldnt meet. However the horrible "witch" story line really turned us off. We have season 5 in HD and I am hoping its far better then season 4.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It is. A couple of bumps and bruises here and there, but the Superman mythos is finally given some serious play.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks