Slow page loading

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_B, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I'm experiencing the slowest connection since we changed over to the new server. I'm using a cable connection and it took me 3 minutes just to get to this page to post this message. [​IMG]
    Jon

2. TravisB

TravisB Agent

It looks like the switch port HTF is attached to is taking errors. If I can't resolve it, I'm going to go move the server to a different port.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

HAving the same problem on my end- actually the site has come up as "down" for the past hour. Digitalbits seems to be down as well.
    -Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Well at least I know now that it isn't my connection. I did a couple of double posts by mistake as a result of the slow load times.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

5. TravisB

TravisB Agent

Weird. This was a combination of two problems; always the worst to track down.
    The ethernet interface (or cabling) on the server looks like it may be having problems. I forced it down to 10mbit from the switch, and that got the transmit errors under control.
    Also, a log file reached the maximum system file size, which was causing Apache a lot of confusion. I trimmed it down and moved it to more aggressive rotation.
    We'll see how it holds up from here...