What's new

Slow page loading (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I'm experiencing the slowest connection since we changed over to the new server. I'm using a cable connection and it took me 3 minutes just to get to this page to post this message.
frown.gif

Jon

TravisB

Agent
It looks like the switch port HTF is attached to is taking errors. If I can't resolve it, I'm going to go move the server to a different port.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
HAving the same problem on my end- actually the site has come up as "down" for the past hour. Digitalbits seems to be down as well.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Well at least I know now that it isn't my connection. I did a couple of double posts by mistake as a result of the slow load times.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

TravisB

Agent
Weird. This was a combination of two problems; always the worst to track down.
The ethernet interface (or cabling) on the server looks like it may be having problems. I forced it down to 10mbit from the switch, and that got the transmit errors under control.
Also, a log file reached the maximum system file size, which was causing Apache a lot of confusion. I trimmed it down and moved it to more aggressive rotation.
We'll see how it holds up from here...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks