What's new

Signal Frequency change <- Is this possible? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Tompson

Auditioning
Here's what I want to do:

I want to take an antenna/CATV input and remap all the channels by say a factor of 100. Then I want to combine that remapped signal with an unaltered signal.

What I'm trying to do is elminate an A/B switch.

Is this possible? Anyone know where I can start?

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
andrew, if you can 'remap' all of them, I say its a no brainer, but how do you remap, and do you know how its done?

RichardHOS

Second Unit
Hmm... I'm certainly no EE. :)

I assume that these are analog signals, or else you wouldn't be asking the question?

I think that the signal for each channel is a frequency modulation of the carrier center frequency for that channel, which IIRC are spaced 6MHz apart. What you are suggesting would require a demodulation of each channel, remodulating it with the 100x carrier frequency, and then recombining all the signals. You would also have to make sure that your version of tuner was able to handle the bandwidth required by the new 100x channel frequencies. I'm not sure what the bandwidth of the latest cable TV allocation scheme is, but I could see that being a problem.

Why not something more like 4X or 10X?

I have absolutely no idea what electrical circuitry would be required to implement the above suggestion... assuming it isn't completely off the mark to begin with. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks