What's new

Sid & Marty Krofft - Anymore DVD Releases? (2 Viewers)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jimmy, I posted that news on TVShowsOnDVD a long while back, and there's an HTF thread around here somewhere that talks about it; a search should find it. Cover art's at my site if you haven't seen it...I got it VERY early (before Rhino distro'ed it to the public).

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Lidsville will be an absolute godsend, as it is my favorite Krofft show. Dr. Shrinker is now supposedly slated for sometime in 2006, I believe. What I really want to know now is, where's my beloved Bugaloos???

The Bugaloos, the Bugaloos, we're in the air and everywhere...

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Rhino's been pretty quiet lately. I thought we were getting Land of the Lost Season Three in May...

Did anyone hear anything recently about the next show that's to be released on DVD?

Joe:C

Second Unit
I don't know how reliable the source is, but this person claims Land of the Lost S3 will be released April 26th.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Here's a review of Land Of The Lost Season 3:

LOTL Season 3 review at DVD Talk

Now, Rhino, cough up THE BUGALOOS, dammit!!! And then immediately follow with Sigmund & The Sea Monsters, The Lost Saucer, Far-Out Space Nuts, Bigfoot & Wildboy, and a complete compilation set of all the little inbetween shows, and of course I'm talkin' about ElectraWoman & DynaGirl, Dr. Shrinker, and Wonderbug...

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I would prefer it if they released these series (along with Magic Mongo) in the format in which they originally appeared: as the hour-long Krofft Supershow with all the wraparound "host" segments intact.

Bet that'll never happen, though, especially if Shrinker was announced as being released on its own.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Alright, I only have three more episodes to watch of LOTL Season 3... I'm ready for the next S&M Krofft release!

When's it coming?

:emoji_thumbsup:

Mick Tees

Second Unit
It's been a few months since the last Sid & Marty Krofft release. Things have been pretty quiet lately...

Has anyone heard anything from the Rhino camp about the next release?

Any guesses?

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Interesting Gord. Thanks for sharing!

Do you think they are just testing the water to see how well this set is received and then they will go from there with complete season sets of those shows?

(we all know that LOTL & Lidsville are already out)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really sure what they're doing. They've done a collection like this in the past...maybe they just felt like it was time for another.

Gord

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any word on the theatrical movie "Pufnstuf" (1970) ever being released on DVD? I was a big fan of the movie when I was a kid and now that I'm older I can appreciate 'Mama' Cass Elliot's fantastic song in the film.

The boxed set of TV shows is out, so all we need is the film to make it all complete.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
More importantly, have we heard of anything else coming out? Yes, I'd love to get the movie too - but I'm eager for more shows. The Doctor Shinker mentioned in that commentary would be nice.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

It would be nicer if Rhino would consider releasing Shrinker, Electra Woman, Wonderbug, Magic Mongo, Bigfoot & Wildboy, etc. in their original form as the hour=long show Krofft Supershow, complete with the live-action wraparounds featuring the show's "band", Kaptain Kool and the Kongs.

Doubt it'll happen that way, though. Please prove me wrong, Rhino!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I just want that Pufnstuf movie. I can't believe it's never been released. Rumor has it that the Kroffts are withholding it because they hate it. Come on, it can't be that bad.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Actually, the movie isn't that bad. I thought it was pretty good considering that it was based on the TV show. It really expanded on the pilot episode of the show. I found it to be quite satisfying.

The reason the Kroffts hate it is because they were so rushed while making it. It looks like those out of print VHS copies are all that were going to get for a while.

I'd also like to see complete sets for Lost Saucer, Electra Woman, Dr. Shrinker, Far Out Space Nuts, and Wonderbug. I didn't really care for Magic Mongo or Bigfoot and Wildboy. I'd buy them if they came out, but I won't cry if they don't.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'd rather get complete broadcasts of each Krofft Supershow. Otherwise, how are we ever going to see Kaptain Kool and the Kongs again? (aka the KKK) oops, never thought of that before. hmmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks