What's new

Sid & Marty Krofft - Anymore DVD Releases? (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Ditto. I want all the Electra Woman episodes but I have no interest in the other shows either.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Isn't this dvd a little double dipping, because i think a couple of the shows are out on dvd, like sigmund the sea monster, lidsville and the bugaloos.

I would be more interested in wonderbug, big foot and wildboy and Electric Woman and Dyna Girl. The other shows have little interest with me.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

There is a book about the Kroffts' shows, and it does state that Pufnstuf, for example, was renewed for a second season, but that the network was only going to give them a measly $5000 per episode bump, which the Kroffts refused, because they were technically losing money on it in first-run (they certainly made their money back eventually, due to endless repeats). And the book also implies that there was interest for more Dr. Shrinker but somebody at the network thought it was "too violent" for Saturday morning.

But I really don't understand Saturday morning network thinking from the 70s. Nowadays, if you have a hit property on television, that the viewers are watching and responding to, you exploit it for all it's worth--you don't just cancel it and move on to the next thing.

What is the name of this book? Certainly sounds interesting... Is there a lot of info on production details and such? I'm not familiar with the show you all have been talking about... My heyday of Sid and Marty Kroft were the early stuff... Pufnstuf, The Bugaloos, Lidsville, and Sigmund come to mind. By 1976 I was in high school, way too cool for Saturday morning stuff. LOL!
I guess we need to hang on to our Rhino releases, as it appears they will be the only Kroft complete series to enjoy!

Major bummer!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to be giving these compilation discs a miss. Not at all interested in some of the Krofft shows, and the ones I am interested in I refuse to buy spread out with one episode per disc.

This approach might work for some fans, but not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks