What's new

Shows are left in the Warner Archives (1950s-70s) (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Warner Brothers Presents / Conflict
Colt 45
The Alaskans
Temple Houston
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Bourbon Street Beat
Surfside 6
The Roaring 20's
Room For One More
Wendy and Me
No Time for Sergeants
Mr. Roberts
The Thin Man
Cain's Hundred
The Islanders
National Velvet
The Asphalt Jungle
Mr. Novak (season 2)
Eleventh Hour (season 2)
Jigsaw John
Then Came Bronsan
Executive Suite
Northwest Passage
The Rounders
The Travels of Jamie McPheeters
Father of the Bride
Harry's Girls
Many Happy Returns
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Adam's Rib
Mayberry RFD (seasons 2 and 3)
Assignment Vienna
Apple's Way
Doc Elliot
The Blue Knight
Hunter
Kaz
Waverly Wonders
Big Shamus, Little Shamus
Off to See the Wizard
Young Dr. Kildare
The Montefuscos
Huckleberry Hound (remaining seasons)
Quick Draw McGraw
Touche Turtle

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
On WAC's Facebook page, they were once asked about the Abbott & Costello animated series from the late 60s. Their response was "They need to be remastered, so no ETA, as there are 165 5-minute cartoons to deal with....but they are on the radar." That was back in 2016, so I have no idea if they ever started the remastering process. Probably not.

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
Warner Brothers Presents / Conflict
Colt 45
The Alaskans
Temple Houston
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Bourbon Street Beat
Surfside 6
The Roaring 20's
Room For One More
Wendy and Me
No Time for Sergeants
Mr. Roberts
The Thin Man
Cain's Hundred
The Islanders
National Velvet
The Asphalt Jungle
Mr. Novak (season 2)
Eleventh Hour (season 2)
Jigsaw John
Then Came Bronsan
Executive Suite
Northwest Passage
The Rounders
The Travels of Jamie McPheeters
Father of the Bride
Harry's Girls
Many Happy Returns
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Adam's Rib
Mayberry RFD (seasons 2 and 3)
Assignment Vienna
Apple's Way
Doc Elliot
The Blue Knight
Hunter
Kaz
Waverly Wonders
Big Shamus, Little Shamus
Off to See the Wizard
Young Dr. Kildare
The Montefuscos
Huckleberry Hound (remaining seasons)
Quick Draw McGraw
Touche Turtle

I had asked Archive on Facebook a couple of years ago about the Blue Knight. They replied that they had both the miniseries and the regular series and planned to release them. The miniseries has a terrific bluray release. But no sign of the regular series. They’re classic tv releases seem to have dried up. Hopefully 2020 changes course. I would buy about half the titles on that list.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I hope they allow WAC to release Josie and the Pussycats+Outer Space since next year will be the 50th anniversary. Also be nice if WAC could release some of the older Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies stuff. Wonder Woman will probably come out to tie in with Wonder Woman 1984 but that will surely be Warner Home Video not WAC.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
How about:
The Cowboys (movie spin off)
Chicago Teddy Bears.

They're two short lived series, but I want to see them.

James

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’d love the New Dick Van Dyke show but they were non-committal when I asked about it a couple years ago, so I figure that’s a big fat “nope!”

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I’d love the New Dick Van Dyke show but they were non-committal when I asked about it a couple years ago, so I figure that’s a big fat “nope!”

I agree. It's among my most wanted still unreleased series, but I have a feeling that since there's been not even a hint of a possibility by now, it's unfortunately not going to happen. Same for Chico and the Man, although at least it got a "Television Favorites" disc of 6 episodes over a decade ago.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Although it’s newer than the decades listed for this post, I’d also love a copy of the single season sitcom $#*! My Dad Says with William Shatner. It wasn’t a great show but I got a great show’s worth of enjoyment out of it.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I hope they allow WAC to release Josie and the Pussycats+Outer Space since next year will be the 50th anniversary. Also be nice if WAC could release some of the older Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies stuff. Wonder Woman will probably come out to tie in with Wonder Woman 1984 but that will surely be Warner Home Video not WAC.
I thought Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space was available via WB Archives.

==James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

Count me in for these two James Franciscus series, especially the espionage-oriented Hunter.
Both were originally by Lorimar Productions.

“Good evening, Baker.”

Hunter TV Intro

I picked that show up in a trade with someone who recorded it in one of the Scandinavian countries. Amazing what shows which have never re-aired in the U.S. that you can find that have run in other parts of the world. Just off the top of my head, I can think of The Partners, Project UFO, Funny Face, The Smith Family, The Debbie Reynolds Show. That's not even including the ones which ran years ago on Armed Forces Network, like The Manhunter.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Let's add Enos in. I'm really surprised that one hasn't made it out. Someone on YouTube has a couple of episodes posted that came from Betamax transfers that were in Sonny Shroyer's possession that were recorded during the network run. They said they were going to upload the rest of the episodes, but I don't know if they ever got around to it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I agree. It's among my most wanted still unreleased series, but I have a feeling that since there's been not even a hint of a possibility by now, it's unfortunately not going to happen. Same for Chico and the Man, although at least it got a "Television Favorites" disc of 6 episodes over a decade ago.

I'm surprised Shout! didn't try to get that along with Welcome Back, Kotter which got a complete series set.

Another one I'd be surprised to see: The Fitzpatricks, a CBS/Warner Bros. family drama from 1977-1978 that ran half a season.* This was supposed to do for Jimmy McNichol what Family did for Kristy McNichol. It didn't, yet it gave Helen Hunt one of the first regular roles of her career. It also has Clark Brandon (Eddie from The Facts of Life) and Sean Marshall (the original Pete from Pete's Dragon).

*It still outran Richard Pryor's eponymous NBC show in the same time slot. That was gone in a month!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
How about
A Man Called Hawk with Avery Brooks
Time Express
Goodnight, Beantown

Just remembered them.

James
I loved Goodnight, Beantown. I think a couple of episodes are available on YouTube. I remember watching it when I was a kid primarily because of Bill Bixby. I was a fan of My Favorite Martian and The Incredible Hulk.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would like Enos. Unfortunately Warner probably won’t release it due to its relationship to Dukes of Hazzard. IMO that’s truly unfortunate
Mayberry RFD otoh is one I’m hoping for as well. However I doubt it will come due to the Music rights issues in court by the Hagan estate lawsuit over the Andy Griffith theme

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would like Enos. Unfortunately Warner probably won’t release it due to its relationship to Dukes of Hazzard. IMO that’s truly unfortunate
Mayberry RFD otoh is one I’m hoping for as well. However I doubt it will come due to the Music rights issues in court by the Hagan estate lawsuit over the Andy Griffith theme

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks