What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
One of many DC films shuffled and rescheduled multiple times, Shazam! Fury of the Gods arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray from Warner Bros.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023)

Released: 17 Mar 2023
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 130 min

Director: David F. Sandberg
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Cast: Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer
Writer(s): Henry Gayden, Chris Morgan, Bill Parker

Plot: The film continues the story of teenage Billy Batson who, upon reciting the magic word "SHAZAM!" is transformed into his adult Super Hero alter ego, Shazam.

IMDB rating: 6.0
MetaScore: 47

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Evil Dead Rise did more box office than this turkey (both domestic AND international).

As Todd touched on, I think recent changes in leadership at DC/Warner made this movie largely irrelevant in the "grand scheme" re-imagining of the DC Universe, so many people decided to skip it.

I'll likely see this at some point, but may wait for streaming or cable. As I wasn't a big fan of the first, I don't think I need to own this.

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Evil Dead Rise did more box office than this turkey (both domestic AND international).

As Todd touched on, I think recent changes in leadership at DC/Warner made this movie largely irrelevant in the "grand scheme" re-imagining of the DC Universe, so many people decided to skip it.

I'll likely see this at some point, but may wait for streaming or cable. As I wasn't a big fan of the first, I don't think I need to own this.
I loved this film and to me the sequel was as good as the first film, however, if the first film wasn't to your tastes this is unlikely to change your mind.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I enjoyed the film and the cameo. My only criticism is that I would have trimmed it a bit. Seems like this just got dumbed by Warner DC once a new direction was decided on by the studio. It's sad, really, because they could have had a very successful film if they had pushed this as hard as the first film. Perhaps the release date had something to do with that as well-if it had been held off till Summer rather than burned off in March, it might have done better. John Wick III coming right after this certainly hit much of the same audience.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
A new favorite of mine. I haven't had this much fun watching a super hero film since probably the first GOTG...and that was years ago. So much heart, and lots of fun. This is exactly what I love about comic book films. I enjoyed it much more than the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks