What's new

Several PS2 Questions (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
OK, I finally caved in and picked up a PS2 today (I'm still getting my Gamecube on launch as well). I bought the GT3 bundle and a memory card. I was a big fan of the 1st GT, but never really played the 2nd one. I've so far played about two hours of GT3 and I realllllly like it. :)
My 1st question: What car should I start off with in GT3? I tried out the PT Cruiser for fun and that car blows. Any advice on the starting car would help out a lot.
2nd Question: I am a big fan of Twisted Metal 1 and 2 (3 and 4 blew) and I know Twisted Metal Black is supposed to be just like the originals. How is the replay value in Twisted Metal Black? IS the Single Player just as fun as the originals, and is the multiplayer as addictive?
3rd Question: As far as accessories go, I need an s-video cable. Is there a particular brand I should buy?
Now some comments about Madden 2002. I picked this up today as well and it will be going back tomorrow when I pick up Silent Hill 2. The gameplay is just so sluggish and the players look like little kids with melon heads. However, I did like some of the little things about it. I will just pick up SEGA Sports NFL2K2 for the PS2 when it come out.
-Dean-
patriot.gif

------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."
[Edited last by Dean DeMass on September 25, 2001 at 04:47 PM]

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
3rd Question: As far as accessories go, I need an s-video cable. Is there a particular brand I should buy?
You can go as far as the Monster Cable brand s-video cables or settle for the Sony brand cables, it's really up to you. Of course, the Monster Cables come at a premium price, but they are quite a bit thicker than the regular Sony ones (the ones that I bought, the Sony, that is).
Have fun with you new purchase.
biggrin.gif

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
As for Twisted Metal: BLACK, it rocks. I suggest you buy it and skip a rent (unless its not worth buying) because there is a lot to do and its REALLY fun. My friend rented it and he and I played it for at least 2 hours against eachother. The menus are also kickass (they are like as though all of the cars were involved in a car pileup and then frozen, you'll have to see it). I must say that the game is just as fun (if not more) than Twisted Metal 2 (the last good one before BLACK). I suggest that you either buy this game, or rent it and wait for the online version that is online and offline (I think).

paul h

Supporting Actor
If you liked Twisted Metal 1&2 then getting TMB is a no-brainer. I've spent far too many hours in 2 player battles!!! it's a tough game but very rewarding, plenty of things to unlock and cool levels to play on.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be exchanging Madden 2002 for Twisted Metal Black today when I pick up Silent Hill 2.
I do have two problems though, I can't wait for Metal Gear Solid and Tony Hawk 3!!!
biggrin.gif

-Dean-
patriot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks