What's new

Pre-Order Seven (Se7en): What's In The Box Special Edition (4k Combo SteelBook) Deluxe Boxed Set Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81LPYorGJZL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
What is being presented here, at $89.99, marks my very first reason to re-evaluate earlier resistances towards streaming.

$29.99. Take it or leave it.

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm a huge sucker for fancy packaging so I've got the cheaper box set preordered at Amz UK but if a US counterpart is announced fairly soon I'll cancel and preorder the US edition. That's only IF there's a similar counterpart - I have a feeling we're just going to get an ugly generic edition in standard packaging like we did with The Exorcist. A movie like this deserves something a little better. But not $90 better :)

Reactions: PMF

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’ve decided to hold onto my original BD copy of Se7en. No $ense losing my head over this.:cool:
I’ve posted in other threads that I think the existing BluRay looks fine (the menu navigation leaves a bit to be desired though). Even though this film is one of my favorites, I doubt I’ll upgrade

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Well I guess that means Criterion isn't doing this one.

Considering the existing release is jam-packed with extras, I don't think that's a tragedy.

Yeah, there are some Criterion extras that didn't carry over - like that commentary - but still, the BD is loaded.

And I trust WB to do a good job with the image, especially if Fincher gets involved.

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
View attachment 208023

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Thanks for the information
Question about the date here it’s saying that the release date is January 2024
Is that correct?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This may not even get the deluxe treatment in the US. So far, both of the deluxe editions are UK (not sure if all of Europe)-exclusive. I've read elsewhere that the studio has alluded to the US only getting a standard release (disc and generic packaging) a la The Exorcist. If true, that would be foolish of Warner. They seem to think Americans generally don't care about things like fancy packaging and "box of goodies" versions and they couldn't be more wrong. A good percentage of the Exorcist bible edition was sold to US customers.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The "just gimme the movie" crowd - why not just stream it? Why bother with a physical disc? Serious question. If it's cost savings you're looking for, I don't see a better way other than subscribing to a service. There! No pesky packaging taking up space and no thirty bucks a pop for single movies!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The "just gimme the movie" crowd - why not just stream it? Why bother with a physical disc? Serious question. If it's cost savings you're looking for, I don't see a better way other than subscribing to a service. There! No pesky packaging taking up space and no thirty bucks a pop for single movies!
Because maybe some people want the best video & audio quality possible, but don't want all the paraphernalia that comes with these deluxe box editions at a much higher price?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks