What's new

Scariest, Spookiest, will have nightmares for a week DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I'll second (or whatever number it may be) The Ring - very scary and creepy movie. However, I haven't seen any of the sequels, but I would very much like to see part two...

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
Modern Problems. That movie STILL keeps Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn up at night.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but here it is.

The Others-Some of you may not agree, because it is only PG13. But I've never been in a movie before where A LOT of people screamed when things happened. It really does keep you on the edge of your seat, then at the right time, makes you jump. Kinda suspenseful like what lies beneath, but much more scary. Again, people were screaming out in the theater and some got up and left because they just didn't like the suspense.

Event horizon-This really is freaky, kind of gross though. But really freaky.

I don't find much other movies scary. All the proclaimed horror movies like Halloween don't scare me, they are usually just silly.

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately the best things-that-go-bump-in-the-night films,THE HAUNTING,THE UNINVITED and THE INNOCENTS aren't available on DVD yet.

A couple of the best ghost stories that are currently available on DVD are the THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE (1973),THE WOMAN IN BLACK (1993) and THE LADY IN WHITE (1988).

I believe DEAD OF NIGHT (1945)is scheduled for release to DVD this year as well.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Haven't read any of these threads yet so as not to get biased.

1) Audition (ODISHEN) - Japanese Thriller with an unreal ending (or should I say --too real--)

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
SESSION NINE

I saw it twice in theaters and own it on DVD. I will not watch it alone at night, no matter how many times I have seen it. Even the menus are scary. A must.

Darrel Johansen

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Jeepers Creepers was a pretty good flick in this category.

As for oldies, Rosemary's Baby, Eraserhead, Dracula, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Nosferatu (original silent version).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks