What's new

Sanford and Son season 6 1/25/2005 (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
according to TVShowsOnDVD.com

I'll be glad to have the whole series by the end of January. The news item didn't say either way, but I'd be surprised if we got any extras on the final season, which to me is kind of a shame but I'll buy it anyway.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm also looking forward to rounding out this series! Perhaps once Sanford & Son is wrapped up, Columbia can focus their attentions on continuing a certain other series.....*cough*Jeffersons*cough*. lol.

Seriously though, S&S is one of my faves and to know it's so close to completion, I can't help but be thrilled. Same goes with my "Friends" sets. With S8 being released in November, that only leaves 2 more sets until that's completed. Gotta love it.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm excited for you S&S fans, and really for myself (even though I'm not an S&S fan). I was surprised there were so many seasons of S&S. Which means if Columbia is willing to release all six seasons of that than most likely they will be willing to release all EIGHT seasons of Bewitched! I can't wait to start hearing information about the first season release of that show...

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
With Redd Foxx dead, it sort of limits the amount of extras you could possibly include unless you include an episode of the "Sanford" show which followed.

Does anyone think The Royal Family will ever see the light of day? They only completed seven episodes with Redd Foxx, but it would sort of be cool to see.

Paul

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There are three spinoffs that are short-lived enough to make 1 set:

"Grady" had 5 shows, "Sanford Arms" 4, and "Sanford" about 29. Thus I can see a four-disc set of "Sanford and Son sequels" or something along the lines for completists like me.

But I still have to catch up on the superior original. I'm worried about the edited episodes, but it'll be great to finally have a long-running US series in its entirety on DVD, as opposed to short-run shows and British shows.

Oh well. I've bashed Columbia in the past, but at least they released one long-running show to completion. Now if they could hurry with the remaining 9 seasons each on The Jeffersons and MwC. At the rate they're going we won't get Jeffersons: S3 until we're "Movin' on up" to blu-ray or HD-DVD.

Royal Family was from Paramount. The only episode I ever saw was of Foxx's character's death, so I can't judge it.

As for extras, basically the only principal actor still alive is Demond Wilson.

JimmyT

Stunt Coordinator
The spin-offs set would be cool, but it would probably only appeal to truly hard core fans. It could be called the "Son Of Sanford and Son" box.

(Simpsons fans will recognize the reference - think "Troy McClure")

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

While it's true that most of the principal (older) cast is dead, there are quite a few Sanford and Son stars still alive. Other than Demond Wilson (Lamont Sanford), there's also Gregory Sierra (Julio Fuentes), Nathaniel Taylor (Rollo Larson), Hal Williams (Officer 'Smitty' Smith), Howard Platt (Officer 'Hoppy' Hopkins), Lynn Hamilton (Donna Harris), and Pat Morita (Ah Chew). It would have been great if Columbia TriStar got them to record commentaries or something, but with only 1 season to go that's basically a lost cause.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm way behind on Season 2 but I've still yet to watch them so perhaps I'll hold out for use copies..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks