What's new
World Wide Stereo

Samsung HDTV 30" (1 Viewer)

MichaelM

Agent
Hello:
I've been looking at the Samsung 30" Widescreen HDTV set (I'm sure what the model number is, but it's the one that Sears, Best Buy and Circuit City all have right now for 999.00). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this set? I read some reviews and they were mostly positive except for something disturbing about a flare or some other effect when going from dark to light (and vice versa) scenes on a DVD. Anyone experience this? The other thing that has me concerned is that I would use this TV for video games which are mostly in standard format so I'm afraid that with a 30" TV I would be getting a pretty small image with standard broadcasts once the black bars on the sides are taken into consideration. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I have one of these sets in my bedroom and I am very pleased. I don’t often watch DVDs on this set, so I have not noticed the flaring you mention, but it may be present.

Since most of the prime time shows are in HD, I don’t worry about 4:3 picture size.

Overall the picture is not as good as that on some more expensive sets and it does not have quite as many features (for example there is only one S-Video input and that is on the side) and the NTSC tuner is not quite so good as some more expensive sets (I don’t care, as I use a satellite receiver for this).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks