What's new

Russ Meyer fans: Meyer flicks coming to Satellite TV! (1 Viewer)

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
Caught an email news release from my satellite provider here in Canada (Bell ExpressVu)....the new Canadian digital TV channel "Drive-In" (devoted to drive-in movie "classics" :D ) has acquired the rights to air the entire Russ Meyer suite of films (aka the "Bosomania" collection). They are going to be aired beginning in February 2002 and many have never seen the light of day on any television broadcast airwaves in North America before. Perhaps a DVD release is not far off???
------------------
-Barry

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is great news. These movies are incredibly hard to find and usually expensive when you do find them. I have the laserdisc w/ "Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill" and "Motorpsycho". The only other Meyer movie that I have seen is "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls".

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
True!
Drive-In Classics has already begun to air a short commercial for these 17 films...3 months in advance!!!!
From the scenes shown in the commercial, all the films appear to be new remastered versions, all appear clean and sharp with bright colors.
Should be fun...assuming Drive-In Classics is still in business in 3 months time.
Some of these new 50 digital channels are obviously NOT going to survive too long.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Where can this channel be seen? Is it on DIRECTV or DISH? It sounds cool. I remember hearing rumors of a channel called "The B Movie Channel" about a yar ago. Mostly because if rumors it might pick up MST3K, my favorite tv show ever.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Where can this channel be seen? Is it on DIRECTV or DISH? It sounds cool.
It's a new Canadian Digital/Satellite cable channel (along with 50 others including 'Scream', an all-horror channel).
I have no idea if it's accessible to U.S. satellite owners in any way.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My eyes nearly popped out of my head the first time I saw Erica Gavin in Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls.Cinemax has shown a few of these in the eraly morning hours from time to time over the years.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
I am *praying* for DVD releases of these since it does indeed appear from the preview commercials as though the films have been cleaned up/remastered.
I believe that the only way for our American friends to see this channel would be to use a Bell ExpressVU system south of the border...and yeah, assuming the channel survives until February! Some of the other 50-odd channels are pretty lame to say the least!
------------------
-Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks