What's new

Rumor mill HD DVD update (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Remember that is DTS HD, not DTS HD-MA. I was considering upgrading my Sammy with the new Panny but have decided to wait until the BD group mandates a few things, like Ethernet, Dolby True HD, and most importantly, Full Java support. This should happen by the holidays with the third gen players. (BD realy droped the ball on this). If you need a cheap stop gap, the Sammy can be picked up rather cheap and is a fine player.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I have all three, and the POC's are diffently worth the purchase price. As far as CR, I must be in the small group that did not like the movie. I am getting real tired of over contrast blown out films. The BD is a very good disk, and captures the theatrical look very well, just not my cup of tea.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I actually went through netflix complete list of blu-ray discs and was only able to find 5 that I wanted to rent. (much less buy) I was very surprised with all the talk of superior studio support. As far as I can tell right at the moment I have all the blu-ray discs I want and thats 4 of them. Now if Fox will put out Alien or Die Hard.....

Doug

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Anyone heard anything on Planet Of The Apes. Feb. of 2008 will mark the 40th anniversary of the film, and I was wondering if there has been any talk about it being released in HD, or BD.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Fox seems to be on hold as far as BD goes so I think anything Planet of the Apes is unlikely unless Fox changes its policy. They may be waiting for BD+ before they release any more titles.

Doug

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
WoW
All the Blu-bloods bragged about how GREAT it was to have Fox on BD. How many Fox BD titles have been released? While Uni, bless them, has 100 titles on HD DVD. Of coarse I'm hoping "everyone" releases "everything" on HD Disc. Just, it seems every day another shoe drops from the Blu-hype.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Legend, For Love Of The Game and if its good, Hot Fuzz.

Nothing there is must have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks