What's new

Rotel RSP 1066 software upgrade (1 Viewer)

Daniel Lindgren

Stunt Coordinator
Hello!
I've recently purchased a Rotel RSP 1066, since then Rotel has released a software upgrade (V1.42). I have the upgrade file and the instructions, but no (Rotel supplied) cable. I do however have access to a lot of different cables in my position as a systems administrator.
One cable and DB9-to-RJ45-adapter kit looks promising, supplied with Cisco routers. I found info about them here:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...#xtocid1838115
Does anyone know if this would work with my Rotel RSP 1066? I have regular ethernet cables too, if the Cisco "rollover" cable is inappropriate.
If the cable/adapter is incorrect, can something (really) bad happen?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I posted a link on my website (click button below) that explains how to build a cable. The latest firmware is also there to download as well.

Gregg Z

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Daniel,
Did you request the update file from Rotel? If so, they have been sending people the cable for free lately. Granted it could take awhile to get to Sweden.
If not, Rotel has the pin outs on their website to build the cable (Look under the resource area). You can compare the Rotel diagram to the pin outs on the Cisco cable and see if they match up.
An incorrectly wired cable will most likely just not work but there is a slim chance that it could apply power to somewhere power isnt supposed to be applied and ZAP! As I've posted before, "oops", is not covered under your warranty. :)
Gregg

Daniel Lindgren

Stunt Coordinator
Hello!
Andrew: I visited your website while investigating the subject, I just hoped the Cisco cable would do the trick ... :)
Gregg: OK, it sounds like getting the cable from Rotel is a better idea than to try my luck with what I have.
I e-mailed Rotel about this, but I really don't expect an answer.
Thanks for your replies.

Bipin_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Daniel,

The Cisco cable will probably not work. I tried the one that came with my Cisco router and it did not work. I checked the pinout of the cable and it is different from the Rotel specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks