What's new

FS: Rotel RMB-1095 and Rotel RSP-1066 (1 Viewer)

If you're looking at this ad, you are already aware of the awesome power of the RMB-1095. I don't really need to say anything more about it. As for the condition of the hardware, I can't find a physical flaw on it.

If it's so wonderful, then why am I selling it? Well, out of the 5 channels, I only use 2 of them 98% of the time. I'll probably miss my HT setup when the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy is released as a super-enhanced DVD set, but to be true to the truth, I'd never be able to sit through that much footage. That's why vinyl is perfect for me - I can handle 22 minutes per side.

As for the RSP-1066, well, this is a great HT processor. Unfortunately, I have spent most of my time with it bypassing most of its features listening to my turntable. But when I *did* use its HT features, I have to say it was really, really nice. Mated with a Rotel RMB-1095, this makes one amazing combo.

I have rated the RSP-1066 8/10 using the Audiogon scale because on the right side of of the pre-amp, there is a very light 2-inch scratch. I tried to photograph it, but could not get it to appear in the picture. I knew that it was there, and still had to search to make sure it was still there.

This pre-amp has been updated with the latest software revision, does *not* have the bass management fix, and *does* include the cable to update the software.

Again, i'm selling this pre-amp (along with the rest of my HT gear) simply because I don't use it enough to justify having it. If you check out the back of the RSP-1066, there is a myriad of inputs, and I only used 2 sets - one optical in, one coax in, and l/r of multi-channel inputs.

Asking prices:

Rotel RSP-1066 - $1200 + shipping
Rotel RMB-1095 - $1500 + shipping

Ooops...the Home Theater Forum special has been repealed because I didn't read that I can't charge extra for paypal transactions.

Rotel RSP-1066 - From the Rotel website:

The RSP-1066 Surround Sound Processor/Preamplifier combines – as do all 10 Series components – flexibility, superior performance, and easy operation.

The RSP-1066’s extraordinary flexibility begins with inputs and outputs to easily accommodate the most demanding system configurations. You can connect up to eight sources, five of them video-based, plus a CD player, external tuner, and an analog tape recorder. In addition, there are five assignable digital audio inputs, 3 coaxial and 2 optical. And a seven channel “Multi” input keeps the RSP-1066 ahead of the “future-format” curve.

To increase your viewing pleasure, the RSP-1066 includes inputs and switching for composite, S-video, and component video sources. Custom ID capability lets users program the front panel display so that all A/V input selections display the name of the selected component. Advanced microprocessors from Crystal Semiconductor handle Dolby Digital (complete with dynamic range adjustments), dts, and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding. The RSP-1066 also automatically detects and decodes dts ES, dts ES Discrete, HDCD, and MP3-encoded audio. There’s also dts Neo:6 mode for cinema sound and music. Six other DSP modes (Music 1-5 CH Stereo, and 7 CH Stereo) complement traditional two-channel stereo operation to make the RSP-1066 more than suitable for any source.

An adjustable subwoofer crossover (40 to 120 Hz in 20 Hz increments and Off) lets you tune the RSP-1066 to perfectly match your speakers. And “on the fly” center, surround and subwoofer level adjustments mean you can adjust the RSP-1066’s response to perfectly match your preferences, too.

The RSP-1066 boasts two additional preamplifier outputs to feed, through appropriate amplification, an additional pair of speakers. This gives home theater enthusiasts, particularly those with larger rooms, the spatial benefits of the newest surround formats. To fully protect your investment, this advanced processor benefits from upgradeable software, too. To keep potential confusion at bay, you can link a processing mode to a particular input so that, for example, selecting “CD” automatically invokes two channel operation while “DVD” calls up Dolby Digital as the default setting.

The RSP-1066 easily integrates into the most advanced custom-designed systems. There’s an RS-232 computer interface, 12 volt “trigger” outputs, and discrete on/off remote control command codes. Multi-source/multi-zone operation even allows volume adjustment of the remote zone from the RSP-1066’s front panel. A fully programmable universal remote control makes operation of the RSP-1066 and up to nine other components fingertip-easy.

We’ve left for last what some regard as Rotel’s most salient point – sound quality. If any one thing distinguishes the RSP-1066 from its erstwhile competition, it is the exacting care in parts selection, circuit design with particular attention to the power supply, and extensive listening tests. The result is clear audible superiority.

Typically flexible. Typically convenient. Typically Rotel.

RMB-1095 - From the Rotel website:

Producing a full kilowatt (1000 watts!) of output power, Rotel's RMB-1095 is a stunning realization of Rotel's capabilities in amplifier design. It is, for all intents and purposes, a multi-channel version of the RB-1080 stereo power amplifier, already recognized as one of the finest amplifiers available at any price from any manufacturer.

Rated at 200 watts per channel (all 5 channels driven into 8 ohms, 20 Hz 20 kHz, less than 0.03% THD), the RMB-1095's power supply is built around two 1.2 kVA toroid transformers. Eight 15,000 uf British-made BHC slit foil capacitors provide prodigious storage capacity and combine with 30 150 watt/15 amp output devices for uncompressed reproduction of the most dynamic source material.

A sophisticated “over current” protection circuit with front panel LED indicators guards against potentially harmful operating conditions. Special “current absorbers” minimize turn-on surges while gold plated balanced XLR and single-ended RCA inputs provide easy connection to a variety of controller/preamplifiers. Heavy rear casters assist in placing the amplifier.

Posting modified to remove Paypal surcharge and subsequently remove the "Home Theater Forum" special.

Sorry for my mistake.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Just FYI, you can't charge extra for PayPal, BUT you can offer a discount if paid by other means...

;)

Good luck selling the processor...wish I could afford it :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.