What's new

Roseanne Halloween DVD disc.... (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
DVD Description

The Roseanne clan goes all out with this collection of favorite Halloween episodes. Starring Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Alicia Goranson, Laurie Metcalf, and special guest George Clooney, ROSEANNE - HALLOWEEN EDITION includes the following episodes from the popular long-running series: Trick Me Down," "Halloween IV," "Halloween V," "Skeleton In The Closet," and "Halloween: The Final Chapter."

DVD Information

Title: ROSEANNE-HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Actor/Actress: Roseanne , Gilbert, Sara , Goodman, John
Director:
Year: 0
Runtime: 186M
Rating: NR
Language: English
Color: Y
Closed Captioned: CC
UPC: 013131414592
Item Number: ABD014145D
Special Features

DVD Features:
Keep Case
Full Frame - 1.33
Audio:
Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
Additional Release Material:
Audio Commentary - Roseanne Barr
Commentary
Additional Products:
Bonus CD
Episodes:
1. Boo|
2. Trick Or Treat
3. Trick Me Up, Trick Me Down
4. Halloween IV
5. Halloween V
6. Skeleton In The Closet
7. Halloween: The Final Chapter

Released August 29th! Bonus CD!

;0

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
As big a fan of "Roseanne" that I am, I'm going to pass on this set. By next year (presumably), we'll have all of these episodes anyway with the season sets. Hell, we already have a few of them. I do admit however that it's a cool idea to bundle all of the Halloween eps together. They were definitely some of the show's craziest. I just have no interest in buying it when I'll own all of those episodes soon enough anyway.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Will there be extras specific to this set?

I know AB put a commentary for 'Trick Me Up, Trick Me Down' on Season 4, so if it is just that repackaged then I'll pass.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

That wasn't a Halloween episode, it was a spoof on "Rosemary's Baby," which is why it's not on the set.

Gord

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Nice to see a 5.1 surround sound track - I don't know why the season sets are in 2.0 then?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
While that's true, the math equation is the big difference here:

DVD Seasons 1-5 = $120
Halloween DVD = $12

:) this release obviously isn't marketed to those who are buying the series.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I actually think it's cool to have all of the halloween eps. on one disc. Makes doing a marathon easier.

What will the cd contain though?

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The Halloween eps were always very clever. If this is successful they might want to consider a comp disc of the Christmas & T'giving eps as those were usually quite good. Anyone remember Rosey & Jackie covering Nana Mary with Christmas lights when she felt asleep at the diner ? Classic.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I read somewhere (maybe it was tvshowsondvd) that there will be a different commentary track on one of the episodes..

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

Damn you, Dave Mack. I am an avid Roseanne fan, and have bought every set pretty much the day of its release (going to buy all 9 even though I'm in the majority that thought very little of s9). I had convinced myself that for sure I could save a few bucks and not have to buy this one, and now you've gone and made me question my resolve - a marathon of these does sound fun!!!

I think if anything, a Thanksgiving set next would make the most sense, but given that we just got S4 now in July, that S5 should be out sometime in the fall...I would hope they would not let one of these collection sets interfere with the releases of the main series

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Season 5 is coming on Sept 12.

At this rate, I would expect season 6 by December, 7 by March/April 2007, 8 May/June and the final season August-Oct. That's really great. I'm excited. :)

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
If only all shows were done so efficiently as Roseanne has been done....it may not be heavy on extras, but they are more interesting than most, mostly because the cast is so colorful (Roseanne, Laurie and John anyways - though I don't remember any interviews with John). And the interviews with the kids are interesting, mostly because they talk about Roseanne and what it was like to work with her! Sort of a strange question, and I don't mean any disrespect by it, but was the actress who played Becky I in some sort of an accident/surgery that was in the news? I couldn't help but wonder, in the season 4 extras, if something had happened, because she seemed like she was having trouble moving the one side of her face. Just curious is all, I'll remove this question if anyone feels it's disrespectful to bring up here.

Anyways, I have a feeling that the efficiency and speediness of these releases, judging by the way the extras & interviews depict Roseanne's 'active' role in the show's production and the way she got things done on set (cutting off Becky's hair in spite of the producers...that's hilarious), can in no small way be attributed to Roseanne's involvement in them.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Now if they will just go back and correct S1 and give us the unedited eps. we will be golden!

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
It seems sort of unlikely, though, doesn't it? I doubt it would sell really well, just the hardcore fans. Can't imagine it would be done until at least after season 9, to 'milk' the product, kind of like Friends did with those themed collections. Is there a way to look up DVD sales, that is understandable to the common man? Or that indicates which met expectations and which didn't type of thing?

They should do some sort of promotion like, send in the UPC tabs from all 9 seasons to show you bought them, and they would send you a fixed copy of season 1 unabridged. :) Dare to dream.... but maybe it would spur sales! hehe

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I don't think the Friends DVDs were to milk it - they were for people who didn't want full sets, I have full sets and didn't buy them - had they had unique extras I probably would have given in and bought them.

It would be great if they replaced them, but it seems highly unlikely.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
isn't a "best of" Friends set pointless considering the show was technically a soap opera? Much like how hour-long shows like Veronica Mars, Lost and Angel/Buffy couldn't really suffice with "best of" sets considering the episodes are too important and must be seen as a cohesive whole and in order, shouldn't the same apply with Friends? Now Seinfeld I think would be great with a "best of" set down the road after the sets are finished (even tho I'll gladly buy the sets thank you very much), but Friends is way too arc-driven that a best of set to a Friends virgin would confuse

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks