What's new

Room layout (1 Viewer)

Ryan McLane

Auditioning
I'm have to move my smaller home theater into my loft. Was looking for some advice on how to set it up, here are the notables:

A

B C

D

Side A is a double window, and side B is open portion of the loft. The room dimensions are approx. 10x10. I know this isn't really a good idea, but it will have to do for now, the entrance is at the CD corner. The TV is only 32" so screen size/space isn't a real factor.

Thanks in advance.

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Ryan,

Not knowing what other HT equipment or other furnishings you have, I can only make a suggestion. I would keep your display on the C wall and use stands or better yet ceiling mounts for your surrounds(keeps people from triping on wires).Find some dark shade or heavy curtains to keep light from coming in window. Does light come in from loft? You may have to cover more windows or possibly block off whole loft opening with curtains(could get pricey). If furniture is at minimum(i.e. only chair and no sofa) You might try the TV in the A/C corner. It will help fill up the room and with the entrance behind you, might keep cross traffic from interupting your "HT" time.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks