What's new

Ronin Se - 5/9/06 (1 Viewer)

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
I have the English Ronin SE and I have to say the DTS is awsome especially where Bob & Jean do the first attack on the briefcase holder.....:D

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
uh, the cover is identical to the old release, without the blue color palette..Looks decent to me. Not sure what else they could've put on there.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Uh (you know it's kind of rude to start posts with uh, but whatever), it's not the same. The car crash image from the bottom of the first cover is shrunk way down in favor of bigger heads and odd-looking open space filled with that looks like power lines. And the tagline stuck in at an odd angle.

Plus I associate that cool blue tone with the film, and the white doesn't set the mood nearly as well.

The new cover isn't horrible, and the old one wasn't fantastic, but the new one is definitely worse, and just looks sloppy.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
On all versions so far still no deleted scenes except for the alt ending, I have seen footage of Ron Jeremy filming for Ronin in their hideout house so they obviously exist!
Maybe saving those for the BlueRay Extreme Edition:wink:

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yeah, thx for posting those title numbers, JeremySt. I distinctly remember that Digital Bits/Frankenheimer event. Ahh, back in the day.

Indeed DTS, would have been sweet--some nice scoring and of course wicked auto sounds in this pic.

Looks like another 'last call for standard def alcohol' release to me. Looking forward to Blu-ray.

Elijah

Supporting Actor
What am I missing here? We went from one of the most barebones releases ever, on a Flipper Disc mind you, to a 2 Disc edition with some extras at least, and everyones dissapointed?

I understand that this release isnt up to par with the R2 SE (although it really should be), but for those of us that are stuck with R1 (mega changer that is R1 only) this is a welcome relesase.

I guess I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something huge, like the extras are just the stuff that was hidden on the original R1 release (~30 seconds long)?

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
I don't understand all the lamentation about a lack of a DTS track. Anyway, I'm keeping my current copy as I see no need to upgrade here.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Never bought the orig release of this one, guess I'd watched it too much on VHS. But, since it deals w/2 of my favorite themes (espionage & heists) I'll pick it up.

New cover art sux tho... Not likin' it very much...

"You worried about your skin?"
"Yeah, it covers my body."

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Okay I'm tired of waiting for a BD announcement. (And the MGM catalog has shifted once again, this time from Sony to Fox.) Just ordered a used copy of the new SE.

JeremySt, thanks again for posting those title numbers in February 2006. The software player on my PC (NTI DVD Player) pulls up a title menu that only goes up to 40 though. I haven't been able to play title 43, the 27-second Frankenheimer intro to the multimedia presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks