What's new

Roger Ebert reviewing again in 2007 (Passed Away: See Post #158) (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I agreed with his reviews most of the time, and disagreed some of the time, but I respected his opinion and film knowledge all of the time.

Rest in peace Mr. Ebert. You will be missed.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Rest in Peace, Roger Ebert! The balcony is closed!

I used to enjoy watching him and Siskel arguing and even insulting each other. Both of them have a great chemistry, and I enjoyed listening to their thoughts on the movies they reviewed. And still enjoyable to listen to (even when paired with other critics, like Roeper) and even reading his articles in the Chicago Sun-Times web site.

Siskel and Ebert are definitely 2 thumbs up in my book, even if I did not agree with them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
His wife Chaz just release a statement, and it really choked me up:
I am devastated by the loss of my love, Roger -- my husband, my friend, my confidante and oh-so-brilliant partner of over 20 years. He fought a courageous fight. I've lost the love of my life and the world has lost a visionary and a creative and generous spirit who touched so many people all over the world. We had a lovely, lovely life together, more beautiful and epic than a movie. It had its highs and the lows, but was always experienced with good humor, grace and a deep abiding love for each other.Roger was a beloved husband, stepfather to Sonia and Jay, and grandfather to Raven, Emil, Mark and Joseph. Just yesterday he was saying how his grandchildren were "the best things in my life." He was happy and radiating satisfaction over the outpouring of responses to his blog about his 46th year as a film critic. But he was also getting tired of his fight with cancer, and said if this takes him, he has lived a great and full life.We were getting ready to go home today for hospice care, when he looked at us, smiled, and passed away. No struggle, no pain, just a quiet, dignified transition.We are touched by all the kindness and the outpouring of love we've received. And I want to echo what Roger said in his last blog, thank you for going on this journey with us.
You can feel in her words the love and life that they shared together, and I'm so grateful that she shared the circumstances of his passing, so that I know it was peaceful and dignified. Man, this one's hitting me harder than I thought. Someone on another site wrote that they felt like they lost a friend, and that's exactly right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks