What's new

Rod Lurie's The Last Castle! Anyone excited about this one? (1 Viewer)

Hubert

Second Unit
I just watched the trailer for The Last Castle, Rod Lurie's new film starring Robert Redford and co-starring Delroy Lindo and James Gandolfini. The trailer has me a little pumped. Anyone else got any thought's on this one, or just looking forward to it?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Could be good, but... I'm really waiting for Lurie to hit one out of the park (both Deterrence and The Contender were sooooo close), but I just can't seem to get jazzed about this one. That said, his movies do tend to be above-average intelligent and hard to cut a good trailer for; I'm just not sure this is going to be the big one for him.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Definitely! I listened to Rod Lurie on local am-radio for years when he had a film discussion show on Saturday mornings... I really can't believe how fast he has seemingly hit the big time.
I, personally, thought The Contender was excellent!
------------------
sig.jpg

JustinS

Agent
The Contender was a film that started out so promisingly that I was sickened to see how it ended up. Talk about fumbling a football inside the 20. Deterrence never had me salivating as it was too rough around the edges from the start.
Lurie has shown great promise, however, with these efforts and I do look forward to seeing what he comes up with next. I only pray that he has developed the wisdom to keep his politics out of his films, or at least try not to be so overt about it.

Hubert

Second Unit
I just realized this movie was coming out 3 days ago. I'm basing my feelings purely off the trailer. So I'm defintely intrigued by the trailer. I also like Robert Redford. The cast looks good as well. But again, this is admittedly based on the trailer.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Saw it and like it a lot. Gandolfini tends to underplay in this rather than overplay which is a smart move at this point in his career. I really enjoy movies with a battle of wits between two well-matched adversaries.
I also like the Contender ( with the same reservations about the last-minute cop out that have been voiced elsewhere) just so you know where I'm coming from.
P.S. It's now slated to open Oct 19.
[Edited last by Rob W on October 05, 2001 at 05:45 PM]

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
My main man Gandolphini is in it. He's the best. Of course I am going to see it. I even saw a HBO first look that even made me want to see it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks