What's new

Rocky 6, why oh why???!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

James@R

Second Unit

But isn't this teaser supposed to be brand new? The February release date has been known for some time now.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Maybe it's been out for a while and the members of the HTF weren't on top of it for once. *gasp* :)

CoreyII

Second Unit
Well I hope Sly has better luck with his sequels (Rocky and Rambo) than Sharon Stone had with hers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Seems like apples and oranges. Sly has enjoyed the kind of universal appeal Stone never has nor will. Odds would say the sixth movie in a series will be bad--especially since the previous film was panned by almost everybody--but I have a good feeling about this one. I think there's a real effort going on to make this a good movie and not just another cheap sequel. That could be wrong, and Sly does have a pretty bad track record. We'll see.

CoreyII

Second Unit
Hey Greg, I was just speaking in general terms. Yeah, I know Sly has had much better luck overall than Sharon Stone, but still he is making a sequel to film that universally everyone has written off. Personally, I didn't think Rocky V was a bad film, I just don't know if it was a neccessary film. I didn't like the fact that Rocky went back to being poor.

As far as Rambo goes, I think this character definitely has far more film potential than Rocky Balboa. Rambo is a very strong mythical character, he is a warrior who is more often than not out of place in society, there is still some interesting stories that can be told with the character.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Impressive. A movie that was scheduled for ... (February ?) 2007 and moved up to Christmas season has a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks