What's new

Rocky 6, why oh why???!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Shaun

Second Unit
I don't know about this one. Even though he's supposedly in really good shape, I just remember watching Stallone in "The Contender". I didn't really get into this show, but in one of the episodes, the boxers all came into the gym and saw Stallone working away in the ring. He was panting and completely exhausted and you could tell they really didn't have much respect for this "actor" pretending like he knows what he's doing in the ring. One of the boxers sarcastically says something like "Dude, do you need a gatorade or something?".

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Rocky will have to help get Apollo's hand back from that Wacky Crocodile.;) Based on the plot points listed: If I were Rocky, my next target would be Rocky Jr. After everything they went through in 5, Adrian dying, etc. He's still embarrassed by his father? Man, there is just no pleasing some people.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
:laugh:

Apollo...
"Yous got to use the force, Stallion."

Rocky...
"Ay yo, Apollo, I aint good at makin' force thing's with my brain or nuttin' like that ya know, i'm a fighta, not no Jedi master ya know?"

To add to that ...

Apollo...
"I could really go for some fries right now, Stallion"

Rocky
"Ay yo, Apollo, y'know I never really liked that flying stuff too much, y'know? I prefer driving y'know ..."

Apollo
"Fries, Stallion, Fries ... like French Fries."

Rocky
"Oh, ok, oh yeah. You think you should be eating that, even though you're a ghost. I mean we're not as young we used to be Apollo, we can't be doing what we used to do ..."

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
ProWrestling.com just confirmed that Mr. T will indeed be coming back as Clubber Lang, who will now portray a color commentator in the movie.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sheesh, Jenna Jameson doing Mike Tyson
Rocky VI
I can't take the pressure, which to watch, which...to...watch...

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
ME and my buds actually liked Rocky V at least for it's intent. Rocky well off never clicked with me like in III and IV. I always liked the "streets version" of Rocky better. III and IV to me seemed more like music videos 1/2 the time IMHO. And at least Stallone tried to act again in V, however successful it might have come off. III and IV...ugh.
Yes, Tommy Gunn couldn't really act and the Don King type guy was too over the top but at least to me the idea was interesting. Rocky poor, damaged and back on the streets. Back at Mick's gym. Felt more like I and II. Like a Rocky movie. I just watched all five again recently and III and IV are WAY more dated now if you ask me. And yes, one is a total classic.

But VI.... oh boy.

:)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Why are movies bad? How does every level of creative input fail, and the audience is left with DTV garbage? What I'm saying is, is there a chance that Stallone et. al will take this one seriously and really try to make a good movie? Could it be done? I'll admit that I'm interested in spite of myself. I just get this little voice in the back of my mind saying, "They wouldn't revive Rocky unless they thought they had a strong comeback, would they?" Well, they would, but maybe this time they won't. :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I truly hope this movie bombs beyond any hope of financial recovery. Same goes for myriad other sequels. Enough is enough. Hire screenwriters with brains.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm really the ONLY one sort of looking forward to this. If any franchise deserves a comeback and a second shot it's the Rocky franchise. Hell, that was the whole point of Rocky. If Stallone really puts his heart into it, I think he can create a movie as great as the original. But is he as hungry as he was in 1976?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott

There's a finite amount of money spent on producing movies every year and every dollar they spend on making crap sequels is a dollar they don't spend on something worth seeing.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
So without seeing this movie or even a teaser, it's crap?

Several people have already expressed interest in seeing another Rocky movie, I've enjoyed them all, so why not make a new one? They keep making Bond movies even though they are all basically the same movie.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I liked 5 better than 4, which was just stupid.

It was interested to see how easily Stallone reverted back into the "street" Rocky.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
This movie will be great and Rambo IV will be even better. Those who already think it will be trash, don't see it. It's not my fault that you guys have probably never picked up a weight or trained hard before, maybe if you did, you would see these movies for what they really are. Part IV is one of the best movies made IF ONLY for the training sequences - add in the steroid using Russian, the death of Apollo, cheesy 80's themes, and the cold war, and in my opinion, you have a VERY entertaining movie. Is it intelligent? Not really. Is it trying to be? Not really.

And honestly, who can't love the Rambo movies? Maybe if you're a tree hugging liberal, I can see why you might not like it, but if that's the case, you have bigger issues you need to examine in life than critiqueing an action movie. These movies changed the way action movies were made.

Bring on Rocky VI with Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago, Tommy Gun, and Appolo's ghost all making guest appearances. Have some flashbacks with Micky. I've stopped going to the movies in liue of buying dvds used and watching them on my HT, but this one would definitely bring me back out to a theater.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Steve, I'm 6'2, 230 and was a personal trainer for 15 years in NYC as well as studying Karate and Kung fu,and I still think Rocky VI should not be attempted. With all due respect,you shouldn't always assume things about others because of their opinions re: film.

:) d

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks