What's new

Rita Hayworth - Ultimate Collection from Mill Creek - 11/17/2020 (1 Viewer)

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I would be interested in what PAL JOEY looks like as well. I have the TWILIGHT one. It is good, but not spectacular. Not sure if Columbia ever revisited that title or not.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I saw a great print of Pal Joey but that was back in the 70s on a double bill with Cover Girl at the Regency. I came out with my eyes burning from Glorious Technicolor.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I would be interested in what PAL JOEY looks like as well. I have the TWILIGHT one. It is good, but not spectacular. Not sure if Columbia ever revisited that title or not.
I saw a great print of Pal Joey but that was back in the 70s on a double bill with Cover Girl at the Regency. I came out with my eyes burning from Glorious Technicolor.
[/QUOT.

That's why I'm hoping Pal Joey has a new transfer

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm now working my way through this box-set. Affair In Trinidad has a superb transfer! This may be Joseph Walker's best work.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
i'm very happy with this set. this month watching Hayworth and Harlow, a slew of sparkling

technicolor blu rays , with upcoming musicals and a hammer frankenstein double

feature! also with Carl Jung- The Black Books on the way this will be a good way to end 2020!!

JimMiller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Miller
Just watched The Loves Of Carmen. This and Salome ARE worth the price of the set. Disappointed in Miss Sadie Thompson. The TT blu-ray apparently looked great. This one does not.

OLDTIMER

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken S-B
Just got my set and have spot checked each film. Most prints are excellent. Only real disappointment is MISS SADIE THOMPSON which is washed out, poor definition and very grainy. PAL JOEY is only marginally better than the DVD which I A-B compared. DOWN TO EARTH looks good after you reduce black levels (brightness) and increase color saturation. All discs are region free. Overall, excellent value for money.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
This Blu set must be selling very well for Mill Creek (and why shouldn't it for crying out loud!), as my back order has yet to be filled with it being temporarily out of stock on Amazon Canada for weeks now...I ordered it at $46 Canadian (approx. $34 American)...I'll have it sometime in the new year, but it would have been so sweet having more Rita for Christmas...although like so many of you, I already have several of these films on Blu already...this set is still a tremendous bargain!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Fortunately for many for us who bought the Twilight Time issues of Pal Joey and Miss Sadie Thompson, the lesser quality of those titles in the Mill Creek won't affect us. Otherwise, I'd say this is quite a stellar release for the price. Why Sony couldn't provide the same masters they provided TT is a mystery.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Fortunately for many for us who bought the Twilight Time issues of Pal Joey and Miss Sadie Thompson, the lesser quality of those titles in the Mill Creek won't affect us. Otherwise, I'd say this is quite a stellar release for the price. Why Sony couldn't provide the same masters they provided TT is a mystery.
The only thing that would have been better is to have each film on one disc (charge more - I don't mind) - I know MC issued Lady from Shanghai and They Came to Cordura as separate discs (TCtC was part of a double disc set) ...
1608662064976.png

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I miss the Regency. I remember they had a New Year's Eve toast with free wine after the last show .

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I remember years ago, the regency ran nitrate prints of Mildred Pierce and Now voyager. Absolute dynamite.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I remember years ago, the regency ran nitrate prints of Mildred Pierce and Now voyager. Absolute dynamite.
If they were nitrate they arguably were dynamite ...
1609143506516.png

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just got my set and have spot checked each film. Most prints are excellent. Only real disappointment is MISS SADIE THOMPSON which is washed out, poor definition and very grainy. PAL JOEY is only marginally better than the DVD which I A-B compared. DOWN TO EARTH looks good after you reduce black levels (brightness) and increase color saturation. All discs are region free. Overall, excellent value for money.

I only took a quick look at Pal Joey, but I thought it looks about the same as the TT version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks