What's new

RIP Peggy Lipton (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Model-turned-actress Peggy Lipton has passed away at 72, after her colon cancer came back.

Lipton started modeling at age 15 and moved to Los Angeles in 1964. She rose to fame with "The Mod Squad", Aaron Spelling's hit counterculture police drama that ran on ABC from 1968 to 1973. Her character was party to one of the first interracial kisses on broadcast television.

She returned to the public's attention a decade and a half later playing Norma Jennings, the proprietor of the local coffee shop on the groundbreaking, genre-bending crime drama "Twin Peaks". She would reprise the role twice: first in the 1992 prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and later in the 2017 limited series revival of "Twin Peaks". She worked steadily in small roles through the nineties and first two decades of the twentieth century.

She is survived by her two daughters, the fashion designer Kidada Jones and the actress Rashida Jones, both with ex-husband Quincy Jones.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Terrible news. While she’ll deservedly be remembered for many things, she’ll always be Norma to me.

I am more glad than ever that Norma got one of the few unambiguously happy endings in Twin Peaks.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
As geezer here, I'll just say she was an early crush as Julie on The Mod Squad, though she and Clarence Williams III always looked terminally bored while acting on that show, but I guess it was a generation thing. Being married to Quincy Jones no doubt perked things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks