What's new

RHODA Season 5...AT LAST! (1 Viewer)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
rhoda.jpg https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/comedy/rhoda-the-final-season

After more than 6 1/2 years, FINALLY it's coming from Shout in August. I LOVE the cover art, but then these RHODA releases have always had nice pics of Valerie.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
I remember six years ago, Cliff MacMillan (don't know if he still works for Shout!) said that Rhoda and Mr. Belvedere, two Fox properties licensed by Shout!, sold poorly. Well, here we are six years later, and Rhoda has been brought back.

So Mr. Belvedere fans, don't be surprised if that show is next (two more seasons remain).

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
This is EXCELLENT news! Will be able to finally mark another series in my collection as COMPLETE!

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
That was unexpected. Glad to finally be able to purchase this. I don't believe I've seen all of the Season 5 episodes, so I look forward to some new-to-me material. Thanks for the good news, Kasey!

I agree with Robert. I want a corrected Season 1. And if Shout Factory's feeling particularly generous (I know, I know...), they could include the Carlton Your Doorman animated unsold pilot.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That was unexpected. Glad to finally be able to purchase this. I don't believe I've seen all of the Season 5 episodes, so I look forward to some new-to-me material. Thanks for the good news, Kasey!

I agree with Robert. I want a corrected Season 1. And if Shout Factory's feeling particularly generous (I know, I know...), they could include the Carlton Your Doorman animated unsold pilot.

Honestly, I was expecting them to pull a Mr. Ed... release a complete set with the missing season and a corrected season 1 first, then make those available separately later on.

But hey, I'll take what I can get at this point.

As for these not selling well back in the day... well, what was bad sales 6 years ago might be good sales now.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Honestly, I was expecting them to pull a Mr. Ed... release a complete set with the missing season and a corrected season 1 first, then make those available separately later on.

Other flaws: Season four had choppy framerate (similar to S7 of All in the Family) and the season four finale was missing several seconds, because Fox and Shout didn't remaster the episode properly (no dialogue was missing).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Glad to hear it. I have never bought a season of Rhoda because the cut episodes of S1 made me not buy on general principle. If they fix it, I'll reconsider with every other season out. But in the meantime those who have waited with the patience of Job, I'm glad your patience has been rewarded.

Memo to Shout to do the same now for "Ironside", "Fantasy Island", "Marcus Welby MD" etc. (and how about picking up "Burke's Law?")

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Happy for all you Rhoda fans. I've always believed a rising something, rises all boats. Or something like that.

James

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Yeah!!! Finally!!! Great News!!! Maybe now with "Rhoda" and "Lou Grant" finishing up......maybe Shout! will get the 2 seasons of "Phyllis" (starring Cloris Leachman) to finish out the MTM spin-offs!!! :) Very happy about "Rhoda" Season 5 DVD.....I can now cross out another "holy grail" show off my list!!!! :)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Yeah!!! Finally!!! Great News!!! Maybe now with "Rhoda" and "Lou Grant" finishing up......maybe Shout! will get the 2 seasons of "Phyllis" (starring Cloris Leachman) to finish out the MTM spin-offs!!! :) Very happy about "Rhoda" Season 5 DVD.....I can now cross out another "holy grail" show off my list!!!! :)
Yes! I know I'm in the minority, but PHYLLIS is my favorite of the three MTM female-centric sitcoms. A Complete Series would be great.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I don't own any Rhoda, since the season 1 release was such a disaster. If it is redone properly, I'm all in!

I'm glad for everyone that has waited so long for this series to be completed.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick

But hey, I'll take what I can get at this point.

As for these not selling well back in the day... well, what was bad sales 6 years ago might be good sales now.

Great news for fans of this show who can now complete their collection.

I was thinking the same thing, I thought if they ever come back to this series they would release a complete series set and a separate release of the final season. With this announcement however, I doubt that they will ever re-release a correct season 1 set and perhaps not even a complete series set?!

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
I remember six years ago, Cliff MacMillan (don't know if he still works for Shout!) said that Rhoda and Mr. Belvedere, two Fox properties licensed by Shout!, sold poorly. Well, here we are six years later, and Rhoda has been brought back.

So Mr. Belvedere fans, don't be surprised if that show is next (two more seasons remain).

Are you sure about that?! I seem to recall the opposite being true, that these two shows did well and if they had been able to come to terms with Fox for the remaining seasons they would have released them. They released 4 of 6 seasons of Mr. Belvedere and 4 of 5 seasons of Rhoda- if they had sold poorly I don't think they would have released as many seasons as they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks