What's new

Revenge (Costner 1990) (1 Viewer)

Mikael S

Auditioning
Is this movie about to be released on DVD in the near future?

Good movie and it definetely deserves a release on the DVD format in my opinion.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Revenge has been out on DVD since 1998. You can find it around $10-$14 in most stores and online.

The DVD offers both 16x9 and modified for 4x3 formats with Dolby Surround sound and the trailer.

Mikael S

Auditioning
Thanks for the info rutger_s.

I see now that my regular retailer has it listed. Got to look more thoroughly next time :)

Is the picture (widescreen) and sound quality good?

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
There's a Director's Cut coming out on May 8th.

Reading up about the production, it sounds like John Huston was going to direct it, and was opposed to the casting of Kevin Costner in the lead. Costner's will won out, and he had Huston replaced by Tony Scott. It definately figures that if Costner was throwing his weight around so much that Scott might have experienced some interferance in the editing room. I've never seen the film, so I'm looking forward to a first viewing of a Tony Scott film as he wanted it.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Is the picture (widescreen) and sound quality good?
It's not bad. Definitely not up to today's standards but overall quite acceptable.

This is my favorite Tony Scott film, so a new release is MOST welcome. This and Man on Fire would make a great double-feature.

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen this new cut yet? I have not seen either version,curious about opinions on both versions of the film.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Yep. I picked up the new Director's Cut on Blu-ray a couple of days ago and the running time of this new version is a bit over 100 minutes. The theatrical version runs 124 minutes.

In the commentary on the new disc, Scott says this is the film he wanted before.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Okay, is it a better movie now? I saw the original cut once, and it was dreadful...

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks