What's new

Rerun alert: HBO's ***THE WIRE*** (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
For anyone who's been curious about this show but didn't want to come in mid-stream, HBO is rerunning the first five epsiodes back-to-back tonight (Sat., 7/6) starting at 9pm EDT. I recommend tape or TiVo, because each episode of The Wire is densely packed with incident and information; watching five hours straight would probably be too much to absorb. :)
It's a first-rate series, with a distinctive style and a diverse and impressive cast (much of it familiar to fans of OZ and Homicide). Highly recommended.
The next new episode premieres tomorrow, Sun. 7/7. The series takes a break next week to make way for a live broadcast of Robin Williams on Broadway.
M.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I watched most of the first episode and i just didnt like it. Maybe ill give it another try

capt

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Joey,
I didn't care for the first episode much, but it has really picked up in Ep 3-5, see if you can catch at least Episodes 2&3 before giving up :)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I agree with Paul. I just got myself caught up and I thought the last few episodes have been pretty good. I really did not like the premier episode but it's now gotten me interested. The characters are really coming into their own. I'll be tuning in until they do something to change my mind.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
the first episode was definetly not an attention grabber for me, my dad on the other hand thought it was great though he calls it the f*ck you show he has been a fan from the first episode, now I look forward to the show the last few episodes have been fantastic!

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I watched all of the episodes during the 5-ep block, and while I still didn't like the first episode, it really picked up in 3-5. The Pager was good, and I'll be looking forward to tonight's episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks