What's new

Ren & Stimpy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
"Nickelodean is currently in negotiations with 4 different manufacturers and distributers to create full season releases of their shows. Ren and Stimpy is one of them. Final talks and contracts should take place in December with production to begin in March - June of 2002."
Link Removed

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I guess it's too much to ask for complete and unedited John Kricfalusi episodes. They are the only episodes I would buy.
------------------
Link Removed
"Sex? We're men! We wrestled!"
-Barton Fink

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Same here, Mark. I'm not certain about who the post-K creative team is/was but it didn't hold a candle to the earlier seasons. By the way, how many seasons did Kricfalusi produce?
------------------
Spoiler:One Thousand Words
My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'm with you fellas and the John K. sentiment...I wouldn't mind having Son of Stimpy to go along with those as well.
-Dan

Dan B

Screenwriter
Here's a little somethin' for ya:
gobln.jpg

BTW, John is currently doing a show on the Fox Kids channel Saturday mornings called "The Ripping Friends". Here's a link:
http://www.foxkids.com/tvshows/rippingfriends
-Dan B
[Edited last by Dan B on November 13, 2001 at 05:22 AM]

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Agreed John K episodes only!!!!!!
"The Big Sleep!!!"
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just caught the last ten minutes of "Ripping Friends" on TV Saturday morning...I knew immediately that it was John K's work. You just gotta see it, it's great! Can you imagine what he could do with this show if it was geared for the adult audience...maybe it is? At least he's back on TV. Last week they were airing a new "Flintstones" on the Cartoon Channel. At first I thought it was his work, being he did a couple of "Yogi Bears". But, sadly, it was someone elses work.

Duane M Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Duane Davis
The reason the Flintstone thing last week looked like R&S was that it was made by Bill Wray, one of the R & S crew. He was the guy who did those really detailed paintings they used for close-ups of the characters and the backgrounds.
------------------
"Would you like to play spider with me?" ~Spider Baby

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'd love to get some Ren and Stimpy on DVD. John K. only, of course. I haven't heard the "Log" theme in years. Nor have I witnessed the wonders of Powdered Toast Man. Good stuff.

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy
(deeduluhdeeduh)
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Sony Wonder put out a laser disc a few years back entitled "The Ren & Stimpy Show-The Essential Collection-Classics I & II. Contents were:
1) Stimp's Invention
...at last Stimpy has found a cure for Ren's chronic crankiness. But is it too goo to be true? Includes the show stopping song and dance number "Happy Happy, Joy Joy".
2) Breakfast Tips
3) Untamed World
...Stalk the wily speckle-threated burrowing five-toed yak. Marvel at the crockstimpy's mating call. You're off on an unforgettable wildlife adventure with Marlin Hoek and his sidekick Stimpy.
4) Log
5) Space madness...My favorite
...The tedium of intergalatic space travel can drive a completely sane person totally crazy. So imagine what it can do to Commander Ren and Cadet Stimpy.
6) Sven Hoek
...Meet Ren's distant cousin, a Scandinavian chihuahua who finds kinship in Ren's home...with Stimpy. An amazing achievement in stupidy, this is the original dumb-buddy picture.
7) Action Log
8) Stimp's Fan Club
...Ren & Stimpy receive a mountain of fan mail-but all of it is for Stimpy. Can Ren contain his jealousy and lend his pal a hand answering letters? What do you think?
Oh Joy! Vidoe Extras
"It's Log, it's log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood". Yes--it's the classic commercial parody for the stupidest toy of its time.
"Action Log". Want a toy that doesn't just sit there? Then you're ready for Action Log.
"Breakfast Tips". Let Stimpy show you the way to get your day started right.
I hope the DVD is just as good!
When Billy West took over Ren & Stimpy and did all the voices, I thought it was pretty great he could do that, but then he did Robin Williams voice in the 2nd Aladdin. So, when I was watching this new "Flintstones", I noticed some of the voices sounded familiar, like Ren & Stimpy. Now that I know Billy West made it, that's why the familiar voices.
It was a good catoon, but I think John K. would have given it that cuttin edge it needed. That's why the last Ren & Stimp's weren't that good without John K's input!

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Actually, I think it was Dan Castellaneta (aka Homer Simpson) who replaced Robin Williams as the voice of the Genie in the second Aladdin film: The Return Of Jafar.
Link Removed
Here's more info on Billy West (aka Phillip J Fry):
Link Removed

Dan B

Screenwriter
Woohoo! A 2 hour block of Ren & Stimpy tonight. That's almost as tasty as GLAZED HAM!

-Dan B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks